CubicSDR v0.2.2 not seeing SDRplay v1

Add useful snippets of code or links to entire SDR projects.
Alrescha

Re: CubicSDR v0.2.2 not seeing SDRplay v1

Post by Alrescha » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:03 pm

sdrplay wrote:It's the first time any one in this thread has mentioned a specific platform
My apologies. Although I think that regular macOS rants by both @MiamiC70 and myself should have been a clue :-)
The CubicSDR github repository is updated almost daily - it's not possible for us to keep totally up to date with these builds.

As may be, but actual releases are few and far between. I believe 0.2.2-alpha was released last December, and 0.2.2-release in May. I do not think anyone is asking for more than that. I certainly am not.
I'll rebuild the Mac SoapySDR/SoapySDRPlay and CubicSDR installs and push to the website this evening.
Thank you. I will be looking forward to it, and I expect that @MiamiC70 will be too. I hope that you and Charles can find the time to identify why his binaries do not work out of the box. I first reported the problem in September of 2016 (https://github.com/cjcliffe/CubicSDR/issues/445) and it is still open as of this writing.

Best,

A.

Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:32 pm

I think I need to remind people that this forum is primarily for the community to assist and share information with each other. It is not an official support forum and we strongly advise people to contact us if the issue is relating to a SDRplay product (http://www.sdrplay.com/support)

We do read as many forum posts as we can, but it's not possible for us to respond to each post. I did not pick up on the fact that you are Mac users.

I normally produce Mac CubicSDR builds whenever we update the API or there is a specific release that I'm made aware of. Just for the record, the Mac build that is currently on our website was built and put there on 13th April 2017

I have reported a number of times that new CubicSDR builds from the CubicSDR website do no work with the SoapySDR builds we put out with the API. For some strange reason I believe an older version of SoapySDR is targeted, that's the only thing I can think of. I ALWAYS build from the master branch on github.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:19 am

The Mac files have been updated on the website - http://www.sdrplay.com/downloads

Download and install them both.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

Alrescha

Post by Alrescha » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:00 pm

And again, thank you. Everything seems to work as expected.

An observation, --probe now takes > 10 seconds to complete, which fine but is a big change from previous versions.

A.

MiamiC70

Post by MiamiC70 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:25 pm

Alrescha wrote:Not to put too fine a point on it, but I am not asking for 'help'. I am a customer. If I wanted to be a developer I would go back to work. A major factor in my purchasing decision for the SDRPlay was that it had macOS support - as advertised by you.

The developer who makes the *only* native macOS software for your product released v0.2.2 a month ago. It does not work with your current driver. Does this not interested you? You host this developer's software on your own site - albeit an outdated and unsigned version. Why is it not up-to-date? (why is it not *signed*)

Do you tell your Windows customers to install a development environment and 'rebuild'?

A,
I agree 100%. Tired of feeling like a second class citizen because I am using OSX.