HDSDR, Omnirig and 3 radios

Add useful snippets of code or links to entire SDR projects.
Conrad Farlow

HDSDR, Omnirig and 3 radios

Post by Conrad Farlow » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Hello.
With the help of a work colleague I have managed to compile an Omnirig executable that works with 3 radios. However HDSDR only shows syncRig1 and syncRig2 as options. The RIG3 tab is available in OmniRig set up and a com port sniffer shows that the port is indeed active. So I assume that HDSDR does not autodetect how many ports are available and the code for HDSDR must be modified.

Can anyone help me with this?

Or point me in the right direction?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y
Last edited by Conrad Farlow on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

DanubeBCL

Re: HDSDR, Omnirig and 3 radios

Post by DanubeBCL » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:28 pm

I think the best way would be to ask Alex Shovkoplyas if he is willing to release an official 3-receiver version of Omnirig. Then all software authors could update to a standardised API interface. It makes no sense IMHO for the HDSDR authors to adapt their code for an Omnirig version which only exists as a private compilation on a couple of PCs.
It's not a matter of autodetecting the number of COM ports which are available. I do not know an official software which autodetects the number of controllable Omnirig receivers. All the interface calls for frequency, mode a. s. o. must be added and the graphical user interface needs additional buttons or menus. This means a new HDSDR version (and all the other official softwares as well).
73, Heinrich

Conrad Farlow

Re: HDSDR, Omnirig and 3 radios

Post by Conrad Farlow » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:38 pm

I can ask Alex, he did give me some pointers on how achieve the functionality that I needed. It was quite a copy paste exercise to be honest so Alex can probably just use my code.

I will ask him, I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who would like this functionality.

You are correct that this would of course be the best way forward.

Regards

Conrad Farlow PA5Y