SDR for the Odroid XU4?

Add useful snippets of code or links to entire SDR projects.
Robz

SDR for the Odroid XU4?

Post by Robz » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:40 pm

I am looking for software that will work with SDRPLAY RSP1 running on an Odroid XU4 computer. While the Odroid is about the same size as a Rasberry Pi 4 board it has less user support than the RP4; but the Odroid if much faster; has 8 cores. The Odroid is running a new version of Ubuntu 16.04 Mate; yes it is Linux.
I have been able to get GQRX to show on the screen; but there is no driver listed. It seems like the few SDR Linux programs support everything but the SDRPlay :x Most software supports RTL-dongles; but I do not have an RTL-sdr dongle. Besides I am most interested in HF reception. Also the use of "soapy" something or other and rear end strings, what ever that is, is mentioned on user forums. Crazy names! Some of the terminology and naming conventions make no sense to me. Names like shield, sketch, ...etc. IE. how is a shield for a shield refereed?
For GQRX which receiver would work best if I used the SDR play API to build my own interface software to control the SDRPlay RSP1?
Suggestions welcome.
Robert

Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Re: SDR for the Odroid XU4?

Post by sdrplay » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:00 pm

I have an Odroid running here...

Get the ARM64 API from our downloads page (https://www.sdrplay.com/downloads) and then follow the non-Windows workflow (http://www.sdrplay.com/docs/SDRplay_non ... s_Flow.pdf) which you can also find on our downloads page.

Build SoapySDR, SoapySDRPlay, CubicSDR in that order and you should be good to go.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

sdrplay

Re: SDR for the Odroid XU4?

Post by sdrplay » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:01 pm

Also if you get the gr-osmosdr that supports SoapySDR, then GQRX should work also.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support