New Member/User from Scotland.

Post your feedback here
StevenG

Re: New Member/User from Scotland.

Post by StevenG » Wed May 09, 2018 7:25 pm

Hi Mike,
How do you run your RSP2pro on SDRsharp ?
I just checked the RTL forum and it says you cant run an RSP2pro on SDRsharp.
I dont see SDRplay in the source menu on SDRsharp either.
thanks,
Steven.

Reason: No reason

Mike2459

Post by Mike2459 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:09 pm

I use SDRSharp version 1361 (from 2015). Later versions will not work with the SDRPlay.

Here is a link to a discussion on this forum concerning SDRSharp and the SDRPlay. There is a link to a version 1361 download there also. Unfortunately it does not include many plugins. Newer plugins are not compatible.

viewtopic.php?t=248

SDRSharp and HDSDR require the Extio dll to talk to the SDRPLay. It is available at the downloads area of this website.

Personally, of the two you mentioned, I prefer HDSDR but rarely use either one. I use SDRUno mostly since I hardly ever need the higher sample rates.

StevenG

Post by StevenG » Wed May 09, 2018 8:49 pm

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the info and link.
I wasnt planning on trying anymore SDR programmes just now anyway, as I was enjoying learning how to use SDRuno, so I think I will just stick with 2 mhz BW for the time being.
Thanks to all for the replys.
Regards,
Steven.

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu May 10, 2018 6:06 am

Hi Steven
I'll keep this as short as reasonable.
You most likely know more about radio than I ever will.
However, for what it's worth, the RSP2 annd SDRuno have been my introduction to SDR devices although I have now used others as well, together with SDR#, Console and HDSDR.
For my purposes, SDRuno is the absolute "bees-knees" for the RSP (there's a lot more in the pipeline for it as well) and I believe that our decision to stick with it is the right one.
I have experienced frustrations with it initially, but mainly with this laptop (it has one faulty usb outlet - but other factors may of course afflict other users). USB3 use can reportedly cause problems though.
If you are still experiencing difficulties and are unable to resolve them, as Andy suggested, raising a ticket with the support team is to be recommended. The team is very responsive and most helpful (they've dealt with many issues).
AFAIK, making a youtube video and posting a link is no problem, but also, should you wish to insert a screenshot in one of your messages, you simply have to do a screenshot (mine produce png images - I convert to jpg), drag and drop them into the post that you are preparing and add comment.
Lastly, I have tried to reproduce the effects that you're experiencing and the nearest that I have come is by locking the LO.
Best wishes
Paul

StevenG

Post by StevenG » Thu May 10, 2018 3:51 pm

Hello Paul,
Thank you for the reply.
After spending most of last night messing about with my RSP2pro and trying various things, I have just decided to stick with 2 mhz of BW for the time being.
It would be nice to have 10, but 2 will have to do me for now.
Mabey once I have learned how to operate SDruno properly, I will try one of the other ones.
Thank you and thanks to the other members for the replys and help.
I will no doubt be back before too much longer with another question.
73 to all
Steven.