Problem with CAT FA command

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Footman

Problem with CAT FA command

Post by Footman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi I am attempting to communicate with SDRUno V1.23 using CAT commands.
I have set up my virtual com port pair and set up the VRX 001 CAT properties to the correct com port etc. To test out the connection I am using Microsoft Hyperterm so I can talk to SDRUno - and that works. If I send various allowed CAT commands I get the expected responses. For example I can successfully change the RX mode (USB,LSB AM etc..) by using the MD command . The command FA; will successfully return the current VFO frequency etc But.....
Sending the FA command to change the frequency will only work once, after stopping and starting the VRX. There after it is ignored. If I give the FA; command, following an FA set command it gives the frequency I last requested, and not the actual current VFO frequency.
I have tried several virtual port software packages and get the same response. I also get the same response wih SDRUno Version 1.22.
I must point out that I have experience of CAT with a LOWE HF150 receiver, having wrote my own control software, and that works fine however this was using a real COM port and then a virtual one via a USB to Serial cable.
Any ideas folks? All I can think of that it is timing issue with FA set command?
Last edited by Footman on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Re: Problem with CAT FA command

Post by sdrplay » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:03 pm

Something doesn't sound right there - why are you stopping and starting the VRX?

So the sequence you are doing is this?...

1. FASomeFreq;
2. make a manual frequency change in SDRuno
3. FA;

and the FA is returning SomeFreq instead of the manual frequency you've changed to?

Can you capture and share with me a video showing this behaviour as it's not what I'm seeing.

Thanks and best regards,

SDRplay Support

Footman

Post by Footman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:35 pm

Thanks for prompt reply.
I just spend an hour typing in exactly what I did but when I pressed PREVIEW it all promptly disappeared since unbeknown to me I had been logged out in the background.
I'll make the video tomorrow (UK time)

Paul

Footman

Post by Footman » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:45 am

Hi,
Thanks for your efforts. I got some really good feed back on the FACEBOOK forum. AS advised if I use puTTY 64bit the problem does not occur. Looks like finger trouble on my part in my own software. Thanks again for prompt response. The ball's in my court now.