RSP2 Panadapter Band Change Issue

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
dpritch751

RSP2 Panadapter Band Change Issue

Post by dpritch751 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:25 pm

Hello, I have set up an RSP2 as a Panadapter with my YaesuFTdx5000. I am using the MFJ T/R switch to feed my antenna directly into the RSP2. I'm trying to use SDRuno with my N3FJP logging program, so either one can control the rig. After setting up virtual com ports with VSPE, and Omni-Rig/CAT control on SDRuno, I thought everything was working fine. However, when I manually change bands on the rig, SDRuno does not follow and I also lose control from the logging program. I can change bands fine using SDRuno, it is just when I manually change bands on the rig or if I click on a DX spot on the logging program that forces a band change, SDRuno does not follow and I have to select the band the rig was last on manually with SDRuno to get everything to sync back up. I should add that this does not happen with SDR Console, so I don't think it is a CAT command issue. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Dave
W9QL
Last edited by dpritch751 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

g4enz

Re: RSP2 Panadapter Band Change Issue

Post by g4enz » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:50 am

Dave,

Just a thought...

When you select a band in SDRuno, it sets an appropriate bandwidth and applies LO LOCK. If you then try to go to a different band on your transceiver, the frequency sent to SDRuno will be outside uno's tunable range. Try releasing the LO Lock and see if SDRuno will follow the rig.

73 Martin - G4ENZ

dpritch751

Re: RSP2 Panadapter Band Change Issue

Post by dpritch751 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Hi Martin,

The LO lock was the issue. Once I cleared that, band changes started working. These forums are a great resource for answers, someone is always able to help. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

73 from Chicago,
Dave
W9QL
Last edited by dpritch751 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.