SDR# End of support of the ExtIO interface?

General discussions
CaptainNemo

Re: SDR# End of support of the ExtIO interface?

Post by CaptainNemo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:25 pm

I have SDRPlay v2.2 and sdr# build 1412.
I installed Vasili's Freq Mgr (rtl-sdr.ru).
I see the freq list filled but if I click on an entry the LO freq do not change.
It is a problem to solve in sdr#, in sdrplay2.2 or freqmgr?
(I tried the same config with funcube frontend and it works)
Last edited by CaptainNemo on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:44 pm

Dear Captain Nemo,
The problem is that SDRplay is not currently fully supported by SDR Sharp. To unlock all of these features, SDR sharp need to include support for our platform within their software and issue a new release. We will attempt to persuade them to do this, but we cannot guarantee that they will agree.

Yours sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support
Last edited by Tech_Support on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

DL2ZBK

Post by DL2ZBK » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:00 pm

Hi.
There seems to be an issue with the plugin-manager. I have the same problems with stored frequencies, they are shown correctly in the spectrum but there is no action when clicking on the entry. I tried 1413 today, all the same.

Yesterday i tried to install the FMSuite v2.0.5761 offered at the airspy.com download page, but my AVIRA antivirus software blocked the installer because of an ADWARE/AgentCV.A.40047 found in the exe-file. Is this installer known to spread malware/adware?

Yours sincerely

Joerg (DL2ZBK)
Last edited by DL2ZBK on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

NN4F

Post by NN4F » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:14 am

Joerg,

it's probably a false positive, Jeff Knapps frequency manager suite as always been clean from adware/malware and works good.

Paul - NN4F
Last edited by NN4F on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
--
Paul Jones - NN4F, Charleston SC
http://www.facebook.com/groups/SDRPlay

DL2ZBK

Post by DL2ZBK » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:52 am

I got the latest version yesterday, now everything is ok, no alarm anymore. But after installing i got a database error when starting SDRsharp. Is there a known bug? I currently use SDRsharp 1412 and FMSuite v2.0.5766. I´ll have a closer look later this day..

Joerg
Last edited by DL2ZBK on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:45 pm

In a nutshell - apart from being able to run in its most basic form (if you are lucky) SDR# has effectively locked SDRPlay out - so 3rd party plug ins won't work. If a plug-in doesn't work - it isn't the plug-in writer's fault. This happened around about build 1409.

See post earlier in this thread - and I repeat the warning - don't overwrite a working build
The problem is that SDRplay is not currently fully supported by SDR Sharp. To unlock all of these features, SDR sharp need to include support for our platform within their software and issue a new release. We will attempt to persuade them to do this, but we cannot guarantee that they will agree.

Yours sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support
They have also removed the automatic DC and IQ correction that is essential for SDRPlay and other quadrature based receivers reaching their full potential as it is not needed for their Airspy or R820T based dongles.

David
Last edited by DaveB on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

ziptaco

Post by ziptaco » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:54 pm

It is sad that this piece of software now doesn't work as it should anymore. Greatly in part because a group of Facebook unofficial support people decided to handle the negotiation (threatening and name calling) instead leaving it to the makers of the SDRplay. If that situation would have been handled differently perhaps, a better outcome could have been reached. I guess that option went down the toilet now.
Last edited by ziptaco on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Sasan

Post by Sasan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:43 am

ziptaco wrote:It is sad that this piece of software now doesn't work as it should anymore. Greatly in part because a group of Facebook unofficial support people decided to handle the negotiation (threatening and name calling) instead leaving it to the makers of the SDRplay. If that situation would have been handled differently perhaps, a better outcome could have been reached. I guess that option went down the toilet now.
I completely agree with you. It should have been an official connection, not Facebook people (and I have heard this exact thing as one of the reasons they did what they did)
Last edited by Sasan on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
DF2HF, NM9A, EP2C

jon

Post by jon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:14 am

ziptaco wrote:It is sad that this piece of software now doesn't work as it should anymore. Greatly in part because a group of Facebook unofficial support people decided to handle the negotiation (threatening and name calling) instead leaving it to the makers of the SDRplay. If that situation would have been handled differently perhaps, a better outcome could have been reached. I guess that option went down the toilet now.
SDR# have recently been through a major restructuring process. We have also learned that it is possible to be considered a ‘friend’ to enable SDR# customers to regain access to the full features of SDR# for specific radios. We have asked what the process involves and await the response.

73, Jon, SDRplay marketing

AC9FM

Post by AC9FM » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:09 pm

I just ordered my SDRPlay, I hope they get this solved.

Is there anyplace I can get an older version of SDR# that will work with the SDRPlay?

Thanks
Last edited by AC9FM on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.