A hopeful suggestion for an enhancement to SDRuno

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Paul

A hopeful suggestion for an enhancement to SDRuno

Post by Paul » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:54 am

When searching through any part of the frequency spectrum available using the RSPs a really useful enhancemnt to the SDRuno programme would be for the currenly tuned frequency/VFO to be highlighted in an associated memory bank file, if already stored.
This would assume that one had a memory bank associated with the realevant portion of the spectrum and open, which is a convenient way of operating anyway and I would imagine used by many.

If that is not more than enough, a further extension of this could perhaps, for instance, incorporate modes, step and other useful parameters.
I have tried SDR Console, SDR# and HDSDR, but for my money SDRuno is my programme of preference for all but scanning of course.
It really doesn't take that long, even for a numpt like me, to use it satisfactorily for simple operation and has a wealth of features that should satisfy even demanding, expert users, but of course there is always scope for development/improvement.

Thanks to the development team - I'm a happy user.

PS: I did try to edit this in to my previous post (re VFO centering) but was require to use two polling options (how does one do that? - I haven't got a
clue).

Reason: No reason

Roger

Re: A hopeful suggestion for an enhancement to SDRuno

Post by Roger » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:35 pm

Have you tried using the tracking feature by right clicking the Memory Panel?

Roger

Paul

Post by Paul » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:32 pm

Tracking feature Roger?
Off to check the manual forthwith..
Did you by any chance mean the "Find" command - If so, yes, I am familiar with that - what I had in mind was akin to the SDR# panel that pops up with info on the tuned frequency (if the information has been stored)

Roger

Post by Roger » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:09 am

Paul wrote:Tracking feature Roger?
Off to check the manual forthwith..
Did you by any chance mean the "Find" command - If so, yes, I am familiar with that - what I had in mind was akin to the SDR# panel that pops up with info on the tuned frequency (if the information has been stored)
Right click the memory panel and then select the item shown in the red box....
Attachments
Filter.png
Filter.png (66.74 KiB) Viewed 22283 times

Paul

Post by Paul » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:23 am

Thanks again for bothering to reply Roger
To find that I can still be a complete twit at the age of 80 isn't encouraging...
I have been guilty of "male manual blindness."
Goodness knows how I avoided seeing the filtering optionit when I returned to the manual after your response.
However, to be honest, the find command may be my current best option and has a lot of flecxibility.
Having had an initial "fiddle" with the filtering facility (the instructions are perhaps a little opaque), I cannot see how it impoves over "find."
I will ontinue to "fiddle."

NoelC

Post by NoelC » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:39 am

Corrollary question, after seeing your screen grab up there Roger...

Is there a good / recommended place to get .s1b files with lots of stations listed? Is this a resource someone is keeping up to date somewhere?

Thanks.

-Noel

Roger

Post by Roger » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:41 pm

When you filter by VRX Frequency you have to click MCTR in the VRX you are using. You also have to be exactly on frequency (6050.000 kHz. NOT 6050.010 etc.)
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (110.14 KiB) Viewed 22126 times
There is not a public source of .s1b files although some users post them on the Facebook group from time to time. However you can easily create your own by downloading CSV or Perseus files from sites like eibi or Aoki. The process is described on page 18 of the SDRuno Cookbook which was written by SDRplay owners. LOts of good tips and ideas in the Cookbook.

https://www.nn4f.com/SDRuno-cookbook.pdf

mikeladd

Post by mikeladd » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:09 pm

The SDRyuno cookbook was not written by SDRplay. It was written by myself and Paul Jones NN4F

Roger

Post by Roger » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:02 pm

mikexeno wrote:The SDRyuno cookbook was not written by SDRplay. It was written by myself and Paul Jones NN4F
What I meant to say was written by purchasers of SDRplay products. Sorry about that....

mikeladd

Post by mikeladd » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:31 pm

LOL no worries at all.