Upgrading SDRuno quickly and safely

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Patrick73

Upgrading SDRuno quickly and safely

Post by Patrick73 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Hi there !

I'm currently running SDRuno 1.23 with my RSPduo.

What is the best way to upgrade SDRuno to the latest version without losing the several Workspaces I created and my personal parameters (VAC, CSVUserList for example) ? It took some time to properly set the whole thing and, of course, I don't want to all re-start from scratch ;)

Upgrading SDRconsole v3 is very easy as there's absolutly nothing to care about. Just download / install the latest realease and everything is there, like before.

Thanks for your help and precious tips.
Have a nice day.

Reason: No reason

Roger

Re: Upgrading SDRuno quickly and safely

Post by Roger » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:40 pm

Unfortunately you will lose all your settings when updating because they are stored in the registry and erased during updates.

From 1.23 to 1.24 there were no functionality changes but improved interoperability with other software using the service API.

If you are not using HDSDR or SDR Console at the same time as SDRuno you might want to stick with 1.23 until the next major release comes out.

Roger

Patrick73

Re: Upgrading SDRuno quickly and safely

Post by Patrick73 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:56 pm

Thanks a lot Roger.

I will indeed stick to 1.23 until the next major release is available but the 'problem' will still be current ... (i.e everything will be lost). Let's hope The SDRplay Team will soon remedy that.

(Note : I also use Studio 1, "former" SDRuno version, that allows the user to save his parameters - see below)

Even if there isn't a dedicated “export settings” function currently built in Studio 1, there is a workaround:
1- On the “source” system run “regedit”.
2- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SDR_Applications\Studio1.
3- Select the above folder
4- In regedit go to “Files” then “Export”, enter a file name of your choice and save the file somewhere
5- Transfer the above file to the “destination” system; double click on it: the system will prompt asking if you whish to add the data to the registry – click yes.
6- Done: now you can start Studio 1 with the same settings of the “source” configuration.
7- Check the sound card settings (VRX output) if you experience problems in that area (and even the input settings if they were different from default) as the audio dev ices are identified by numbers that might not match from system to system.
8- The above procedure is also good to backup your Studio 1 settings in general.