Multiple demodulators

General discussions
hermit

Multiple demodulators

Post by hermit » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi,

I need 3 SSB demodulators within the 10 MHz bandwidth.
With which software can I do that? Linux only.

Thanks
Last edited by hermit on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Roger

Re: Multiple demodulators

Post by Roger » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:37 pm

Two options I know of...

- Run a Virtual Machine like Virtual Box or VMware (free) to run Windows on top of Linux. Then use SDR Console or SDRuno.

- Use GNURadio and "build" your own multiple receiver

deadite66

Post by deadite66 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:35 pm

CubicSDR can have multiple channels, cross platform support.

RSP2 Pro and RSP1A owner.

Roger

Post by Roger » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:35 pm

deadite66 wrote:CubicSDR can have multiple channels, cross platform support.
CubicSDR can have multiple channels but the last time I looked only one channel can be active at a time. Is that still the case with the latest release?

Hermit didn't say if he needs the channels running concurrently (multiple active, virtual receivers) with each outputting audio. Maybe he can clarify...

hermit

Post by hermit » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:31 pm

Yes, I need 3 simultaneously. With CubicSDR I haven't figured out how to get more than 1.
I don't have a windows license and I don't want one, so a virtual machine isn't an option.
Last edited by hermit on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Roger

Post by Roger » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:22 pm

hermit wrote:Yes, I need 3 simultaneously. With CubicSDR I haven't figured out how to get more than 1.
I don't have a windows license and I don't want one, so a virtual machine isn't an option.
You can run a Virtual Machine without a Windows license. Microsoft has free 90 day Virtual Machine versions of Windows. At the end of 90 days just reinstall the VM from the downloaded version. I use a Windows VM on top of Windows 8.1 for testing and it works great.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/m ... tools/vms/

BUT - If you don't want anything to do with VM's and want to stay with Linux then your options are limited. You can build a simultaneous, multiple receiver using GNU-Radio and GNU-Radio Companion. You might also try OpenWebRx and use multiple browser windows for each receiver.

Your other option is to use multiple RSP1A's and something like CubicSDR to connect to each RSP1A.

You could always open a support ticket with SDRplay to see if they have any suggestions.