Calibrating my RSP Duo

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
ve3hls

Calibrating my RSP Duo

Post by ve3hls » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:01 am

I just finished watching your YouTube video Using SDR Uno to Calibrate Your RSP.

A few questions:
1. I assume this procedure works with my RSP Duo?
2. Does this procedure change a setting inside the actual receiver (the hardware) or does it only calibrate SDR Uno?

I recently purchased a GPS disciplined oscillator that I intend to use with my RSP Duo. I haven't tried it yet because I'm having some USB connection issues but hope to try it this evening. How does using a GPSDO affect calibration? Is it still necessary to go through the calibration procedure? Most likely it'll become readily apparent, but any light you can shed ahead of time would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Ken Alexander
So Phisai, Thailand
Blog: bueng-ken.com
Last edited by ve3hls on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: Calibrating my RSP Duo

Post by Tech_Support » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:21 am

Hello Ken,
As things currently stand, calibrating the frequency reference creates a correction that is stored in SDRuno and not in the unit itself. Longer term, we plan to make this persistent to the device, but I cannot tell you when that will be done.

When using the GSPDO, it is not necessary to go through the calibration procedure again, but if you have already performed a calibration of the internal TCXO, you will need to reset the PPM value within SDRuno to zero

You don't say which GPSDO you have obtained, but it is essential that it can deliver a 24 MHz output as 24 MHz is the fundamental frequency standard used by all RSPs.

Sincerely

Tech_Support

ve3hls

Post by ve3hls » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:43 pm

Thank you for the prompt reply!

The GPSDO is from Leo Bodnar and it can be set to 24 MHz for the RSP Duo. That much I know. Will try it soon and report back.

Thanks again!

Ken Alexander
So Phisai, Thailand
Blog: bueng-ken.com

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:23 pm

Hello again Ken,
The Leo Bodnar GPSDO is a good solution. We use them ourselves and they work very well with the RSPduo

Sincerely

Tech_Support