DAB software supporting SDRPlay

General discussions
Rebel

DAB software supporting SDRPlay

Post by Rebel » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi,

Today I tripped over a software for decoding DAB and FM which I've compiled successfully on my Ubuntu and surprisingly it supports the sdrplay.
Very nice, compared to the RTL stick I also have, the SN/R is some dBs better with sdrplay. For me the first Linux program which supports the sdrplay. If someone is interested it can be find here: http://www.sdr-j.tk

Cheers
Fred

DaveB

Re: DAB software supporting SDRPlay

Post by DaveB » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:11 pm

Thanks for the link - have tried it and it works. However it seems to rely on manually setting the gain - and only a narrow window of gain settings give a good result. So something different needed for each MUX I can pick up (7 altogether from 4 locations). But I shall persevere as it has potential for DX-ing and I probably need to get more familiar with using it.

Mind you as with everything that is 'free' it's a work in progress so feedback will help in it's development.

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:37 pm

Not quite the right solution - but it means I can monitor/listen to DAB whilst checking for DX on the FM Band - a program called "DAB Player" works well with a Realtek 2832 dongle. It only appears to add 2% to my CPU load (i5 4460).

Rgds

David

mrzfrn

Post by mrzfrn » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:27 am

DABplayer of Andreas Gsinn is a Windows binary very good interface to critical decoding code running on RT2832U micro and part on PC . Code provided bye the chip producer RealTeck. Nobody knows how it works, no info available, even API are not available , Gsinn seems to know them instead.
There are no miracles .
Sdr-j-dab-receiver takes data stream almost raw (using RTL2832 in debug mode, mode discovered by hackers and info cast into osmocom rtl library) and it does all the work.
Quite good work I must say.
FrancescoM