Using SDR Console.

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
sdrplay

Using SDR Console.

Post by sdrplay » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:32 am

I''m not a big fan of SDR Console as I find it is far too ''busy'' and confusing, but I decided to give beta 2.3 a try with my new SDR Play. It all works pretty well, but I have noticed that in VFO mode, if I tune upwards into the gap (380 to 430 MHz), there is no reception when exiting on the other side. It all looks like it is working, but no signals. A cure is to stop and re-start the program. Another problem is that if I mistakenly hit 0Hz or 2 GHz, an error appears and once again a re-start is required. No big deal, but it is a small annoyance.

sdrplay

Re: Using SDR Console.

Post by sdrplay » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:05 pm

The link to the latest version of the SDR-console is actually not up to date on the SDR-console website. You can use the link below to get to the version that support SDRPlay\n\nhttp://v2.sdr-radio.com/Download.aspx\n\n

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi all,\nI don''t see SDRPlay in the SDR Console''s (2.3 beta) Radio Definitions list. My SDRPlay works fine on SDRSharp.\nWhat am I doing wrong?\n\n73 Ismo

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:38 pm

Hi Andy,\n\nOK. The interface between SDR Console and SDRplay was developed by Simon Brown the author of SDR Console. I will pass you comments along to him and see if we can patch that up. I also posted a response to your comments about SDR Sharp under the thread "Using SDR# to drive the SDRplay RSP"

Paul - ON2PCO

Post by Paul - ON2PCO » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:46 pm

another question in conjunction with SDR Console :

is there a way (if needed of course) to access an 'SDRplay control' configuration panel ?

Why do I ask this question ?
in SDR# the mentioned panel is available as a plug-in, and this is not the case from within SDR Console ... I do not know whether the parameters from the SDRplay control panel can be altered via SDR Console directly ...

Best regards, 73,
Paul - ON2PCO
a Dutchman in Belgium

jon

Post by jon » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:26 am

Please note that at the moment when changing bands you will need to stop the remote device, move to the frequency you are interested in and then restart the device. Otherwise the RSP will lock. If this happens simply press stop and reselect the device (no need to 'disconnect' since this will lead to a lockout for typically 1 or 2 minutes)
The bands are:

up to 12MHz
12 – 30 MHz
30 – 60 MHz
60 – 120MHz
120 – 250 MHz
250 – 380 MHz
430 – 1000 MHz
above 1000MHz

M0DEP

Post by M0DEP » Thu May 28, 2015 11:10 am

Hi Guys,
I'm puzzled, just got my SDRplay, only bought it as it is now supported by SDR-Console (IMO the best SDR software) but have a few serious questions to ask.

1 Frequency correction (ppm) : How the heck do I adjust this in SDR-CONSOLE. the radio configuration button does not work when the SDRplay driver is loaded. I cannot see a way to do it. Very very important to me infact gotta be important to anyone.

2 S-meter Readings on VHF: Specifically 50mhz and 70mhz, anyone know how to adjust these as they are way way to high, it impossible to get and accurate reading, everything is always s9 ++++ Even reducing the RF Gain to -100db with no antenna plugged in still gives an S-Meter reading of S4. Incidentally HF after adjustment seems OK for me.

3 Oh and the annoying, having to start stop thing each time you change bands is rather annoying anyone know if there are plans to address this?

Btw I'm using SDR-CONSOLE V2.3 build 1990 I'm assuming this is the latest version.

In a nutshell at first glance very disappointed with the sdr-console integration of SDRplay or am I missing something. Seems like it was all done in rather a rush, very unlike Simon Brown I have to say.

Thoughts anyone

Regards Russ (M0DEP)
Last edited by M0DEP on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

jon

Post by jon » Thu May 28, 2015 12:30 pm

The good news is that Simon Brown is working on an update which will add additional features for the RSP. I will try to get an update on the timing.
Last edited by jon on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

M0DEP

Post by M0DEP » Thu May 28, 2015 11:25 pm

Thanks for the info Jon,
Fingers crossed for an update. Love the SDRplay, just hope I can use it to its full potential with SDR-Console

Regards Russ (M0DEP)
Last edited by M0DEP on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

NN4F

Post by NN4F » Fri May 29, 2015 3:36 am

Russ,

as Jon said, Simon is working on a new release within a few weeks he told me yesterday, your VHF signals are high as the LNA is probably on, and at the moment you can't turn it off, he's re-doing the whole SDRPlay implementation, as you said unlike Simon, but I think it was rushed slightly, but he assured me he'll get it right after I bugged the hell out of him...

and as far as PPM goes, I haven't had to touch mine, it's spot on at 0 and has been since i got t in the mail, unlike my RTL's, very pleased with it...

If i hear any more info i'll post it here...

Paul - NN4F
Last edited by NN4F on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
--
Paul Jones - NN4F, Charleston SC
http://www.facebook.com/groups/SDRPlay