First experience with SDR

General discussions
Sansfiliste

First experience with SDR

Post by Sansfiliste » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:50 pm

hello! good evening.

I've just now bougth the SDRPlay. It is my first SDR and I think to use it with the HDSDR SW.

But first of all someone can give me the istruction to install all the SW plug in etc needed

please istruction step by step for dummies

Many Thanks,
Last edited by Sansfiliste on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: First experience with SDR

Post by Tech_Support » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:26 pm

Hello Sansfiliste,
Please follow the step by step 'start here' interactive installation guide. It can be found here:

http://www.sdrplay.com/starthere.php

You will need to fist install the API and hardware driver (the links will be show in the installation guide) and then you will need to install HDSDR if you have not already done so. Finally, you will need to install the ExtIO plugin. Once again the correct link is provided in the start here guide. When you run the plugin installer, you will be asked to install it in the drectory where HDSDR has already been installed. If you have a 32 bit operating system, it will be in

C:\Program Files\HDSDR

If you have a 64 bit operating system, it will be in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR

When you have found the correct directory, please remember to select the HDSDR.exe file to complete the installation.

When it comes to using HDSDR with the RSP, I suggest that you first read Mike Ladd's excellent user guide for HDSDR with the RSP, which can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7434avup8mrk ... KxTHa?dl=0

If you are a Facebook user, you can find a variety of other resources on the independent Facebook user group. There are also a range of 'how to' videos on Youtube.

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support
Last edited by Tech_Support on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason