SDRPlay Calibration with WWV

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
kb0fhf

SDRPlay Calibration with WWV

Post by kb0fhf » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:16 am

I am running SDR-Console and I noticed that my SDRPlay is -26HZ off WWV at 10Mhz.

I for the life of me can not figure out how to correct this.

I run alot of digital modes and in particular with psk31 this is enough of a shift to cause problems.

The setting has to be somewhere since I see it availible for other radios and SDR-Console and if the SDRPlay is connected via SDR# or HDSDR the software has this setting.

Thanks!

I am using the SDRPlay + preselector to replace a Flex-1500 that I was using as a receiver.

--KB0FHF
Last edited by kb0fhf on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

kb0fhf

Re: SDRPlay Calibration with WWV

Post by kb0fhf » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:36 pm

No one has had to calibrate their radio or does no one use SDR-Console?

HDradio is too dated and to be honest the UI is horrible. I really like sdr-console for my use case, but I find the omission of a calibration section disturbing.

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:59 pm

Dear kb0fhf,
At the moment SDR Console does not support ppm correction (for errors in the Xtal frequency). We plan to incorporate this function within an update to the API, but it will require an update from Simon Brown to provide the appropriate calls from the software. A number of people have requested this feature with SDR Console and we are confident that it will be implemented in a future release.

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support
Last edited by Tech_Support on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

kb0fhf

Post by kb0fhf » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:47 am

Ok. For general use this is not that big of an issue but it does matter for working modes like PSK31.

I have found this work around for now if you use HRD and DM780

1. Add your transmitter as the external radio.
2. Tune to WWV and then use the Offset in the external radio setting to find the correct setting to center the freqency. Record this number. In my case it is -23
3. Reset back to 0hz.
4. In DM780 goto "Program Options" -> "QSO" -> "General Tab" -> "Transmit Offset" Adjust this number to the negative of the number in #2. In my case it is 23.

Have a PSk31 contact and tweak the setting. In the end I use 25 and it works fine.

I hope this helps until there is a PPM correction.