The name station name thing 2

General discussions
kbh

The name station name thing 2

Post by kbh » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:53 pm

I am bemused as to what the latest The ExtIO plugin v3.8 is supposed to do. Andy g1hbe [similar post] is ahead of me, as he has the station name pane showing. I don't.

I have tried this in SDR# the new version, the old 1361 version [which is my standard version], SDR Console and HDSDR with no joy. Am I looking at the wrong software?

Kevin
Last edited by kbh on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

WhoaNellie

Re: The name station name thing 2

Post by WhoaNellie » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:29 pm

It worked OK last night for me. The station name panel came up, I moved it to an unused portion of the audio waterfall and it would identify stations as I moved to their frequency.

But now this morning it's not working. Clicking on EXTIO / Advanced / Station Config it shows Database Status: Unavailable although I haven't changed anything since last night. I obviously have internet access (where I presume the database is kept, it must not be local to my PC?) or I wouldn't be able to post this!

I hope tech support can clarify what's going on. It seemed just fine last night and was not difficult to figure out (I thought). But maybe I'm wrong since it's not working now!
Last edited by WhoaNellie on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

WhoaNellie

Post by WhoaNellie » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:37 pm

And now i am also bemused (more than before). It wasn't working this AM after last night when it was OK. So just now I got completely out of HDSDR and re-started HDSDR and then checked EXTIO and all of a sudden the database status is Good and I am seeing the Station ID in the Station Name Panel OK.
Last edited by WhoaNellie on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:59 pm

The station name feature will work with any ExtIO compatible SDR software. It will not work with SDR# - their ExtIO implementation for versions up to 1361 does not include the full functionality required for this feature.

Once the station name system has been enabled, HDSDR needs to be restarted. Then, try tuning the LO to 1MHz and change the VFO freq to 1.17MHz and see if the station name appears. Make sure you have not changed any of the filter options until you have it working.

The ExtIO documentation can be found: http://www.sdrplay.com/docs/sdrplay_ext ... de_v38.pdf

Best regards,

SDRplay Support
Last edited by sdrplay on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

kbh

Post by kbh » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:57 pm

Thank you for replies, and for the updated V3.8.1 which has fixed the access violation message which started this afternoon.

Having followed all the instructions, I see the database is good, occasionally the little box says 'found 2 stations' but does not show anywhere what the stations are.

I think after spenting much time on this I will leave it alone until it matures or those who have got it to work properly are able to share their experience.

BTW I have several SDR's and the RSP1 is very good and I have no complaints about how it works.

I have found it works well with the SDR# 1361 and I use the G3xDDC-CSVUserlistBrowser plug as part of my set up

Kevin
Last edited by kbh on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

jon

Post by jon » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:13 pm

Ive just posted a video guide on http://youtu.be/5c9chmRtBjw
Last edited by jon on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.