SDR Console won't run

Post your feedback here
GM3RVL

SDR Console won't run

Post by GM3RVL » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:38 am

I've had SDRplay for ten days and am enjoying it immensely. I had an initial problem but some helpful advice from SDRPlay staff soon sorted that out.

I've been using HDSDR and that works well but I can't get SDR Console to run. All seems correct and I select SDRPlay as the input device but when I click Start I get an error message "Error connecting to SDRPlay see logfile for more information". The logfile contains a lot of information including a statement "ASIO 0 Devices found". Not sure if that is relevant.

I've tried re-installing SDR Console but no change.

I'm using a new Windows 10 HP Pavilion.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Harry
Last edited by GM3RVL on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

13dka

Re: SDR Console won't run

Post by 13dka » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:16 pm

Last edited by 13dka on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

GM3RVL

Post by GM3RVL » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:04 am

Thanks I3dka

I followed that up. It suggests that the problem is to do with a licence key so I followed the instructions but no joy so far.

Also tried installing SDR Console on another borrowed PC which is Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. It works fine with the SDRPlay.

I tried re-installing everything on my PC including the mirics software but I still get the same message. My guess is that sdr Console is missing whatever file allows it to connect to SDRPlay. The answer may be in the logfile but I don't know what I'm looking for.

Harry

maxtyper

Post by maxtyper » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:40 pm

Ditto experience here. Console ran on the Vista 64 bit laptop, then with upgrade stopped running. Does run on the Win 7 desktop just fine. Uninstall, reinstall, did not work.
Love the SDRplay, by the way...
Max
Last edited by maxtyper on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

GM3RVL

Post by GM3RVL » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:10 am

Thanks Max
Good to know I'm not alone!
Interested to hear that you were running SDR Console on a Vista laptop. I thought SDRPlay only supported Win 7 and up.
Hence I tried to run it on an XP laptop with USB2. The Mirics installer ran and the XP hardware installer seemed to find the drivers when I plugged in the SDRPlay but I have an "unknown device" in the device list.
If I run SDR Console on my Win 10 laptop I get the same error message whether the SDRPlay is plugged in or not. It is like the SDRPlay drivers are not available to SDR Console.

Best wishes Harry