1 weeks use.....

Post your feedback here
Thinkinggrenades

1 weeks use.....

Post by Thinkinggrenades » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:59 pm

had my SDRplay just over a week now, and after moving to this from 2 other tv stick dongles, and doing my own comparisons... i am very happy with the sensitivity. it far surpasses what those little sticks do, Especially for me the weather satellite decoding.

however, the only problem i have found is the human element and my complete lack of experience.... i haven't yet found a decent guide on how to set up gains and so on (and the use of the LO - still dont get that....), use of the LNA - much experimenting has been done - but does anyone know of a guide for the complete novice?

for a couple of days i really struggled getting it set up on antennas i already had and struggled to get the same level of signal clarity as i had with the dongles. - i have now sorted most of the issues i had.

My other question would be of shielding the unit, throughout many of the bands i find myself struggling with FM broadcast getting through to even 400mhz plus.... (normal or not?)

Please help a bumbling idiot. Bare in mind, i have around 4 weeks experience in total with radio gear, both the software and hardware have had a very steep learning curve which although i am enjoying, can be a tad frustrating....

Thank folks!
John
Last edited by Thinkinggrenades on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Thinkinggrenades

Re: 1 weeks use.....

Post by Thinkinggrenades » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:17 pm

quiet in here....
Last edited by Thinkinggrenades on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Sasan

Re: 1 weeks use.....

Post by Sasan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:41 pm

Hey John
Your questions are already answered in this forum.
Check these links and whether they solve your problems:
1- Some documentation and guides can be found here: http://www.sdrplay.com/windows.html
2- Explanations of gains:
viewtopic.php?t=356
viewtopic.php?t=438
viewtopic.php?t=194

3- Some extra guides:
http://www.sdrplay.com/playground

About FM image rejection: you should use an FM trap filter (a filter that "rejects" some strong frequencies you're not interested in)

Lots of problems new users encounter, are already discussed (sometimes multiple times) in this forum.
I hope this helps.
Last edited by Sasan on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
DF2HF, NM9A, EP2C