DRM reception, CW skimmer

Post your feedback here
Dieter Pelz

DRM reception, CW skimmer

Post by Dieter Pelz » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:06 pm

I am very impressed with my new SDRplay radio. Direct comparison on the 10m ham beacon band (28150-28300kHz) against the Funcube Dongle was very good too. I live 8km LOS to a major VHF UHF broadcast site and yet the SDRplay copes well.

I first loaded HDSDR and I was very pleased to see DRM among the demodulation modes. However, when I tried it with Radio New Zealand, it did not work. Could someone perhaps guide me a little on DRM reception with SDRplay ? I used to use the Dream software with my Funcube Dongle but I hoped that meanwhile DRM was implemented in one of the SDR softwares.

Last not least, would someone be able to tell me whether SDRplay works with the CW skimmer software ?

thanks
Dieter, VK3FFB
Last edited by Dieter Pelz on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Dieter Pelz

Re: DRM reception, CW skimmer

Post by Dieter Pelz » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:43 am

Meanwhile found out that SDRplay does work with CW Skimmer, albeit not with more than 192kHz spectrum bandwidth. I need at least 300kHz bandwidth.
Last edited by Dieter Pelz on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Tech_Support

Re: DRM reception, CW skimmer

Post by Tech_Support » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:36 pm

Hello Dieter,
HDSDR does not natively perform DRM demodulation. You still need to use DREAM to achieve this. DRM mode in HDSDR selects the appropriate sideband set-up and bandwidth for DRM and you then need to pipe the signal to DREAM via VAC (Virtual Audio Cable).

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support
Last edited by Tech_Support on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.