Driver fails to install - Windows 8.1

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
ToymasterUK

Re: Driver fails to install - Windows 8.1

Post by ToymasterUK » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:57 pm

sdrplay wrote:Can you also confirm that you are using the latest API driver from the website (1.3.1)?

Thanks,

SDRplay Support
Yes !.3.1 it is

Thanks
Adrian

ToymasterUK

Post by ToymasterUK » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:39 pm

Update:

I have connected some old USB2 devices to the same USB3 port and all install OK.

Also checked for updated USB drivers for the notebook and all OK.

I cannot seem to turn the USB port into a USB2 port by disabling drivers etc... This was to check the install again.
This is not helped by the fact that it is an ASUS Transformer Notebook and the port is in the keyboard along with a traditional hard drive, which may be complicating matters and effecting the install.

When I send Device Manager off to look for look for an updated driver for the Unknown Device that appears when you plug the RSP in it finds the correct driver and tries to install it but fails reporting that it requires an interactive window station as per my original attempts. It also says to contact the device manufacturer for support.

Guess that means you "SDRplay"

I've decided not to reinstall Win 8.1 right now to check for a solution as all else works fine.
I do use Iolo System Mechanic and that has not found any problems with the notebook even with a long deep analysis.

On the good side I'm loving SDRplay on my other older laptop - Working a treat with HDSDR but it would be even better if it ran on the notebook as it would be so portable.

Lets hope that between us we find a solution - More than happy to test solutions! (I used to work in Corporate IT Sytems until I retired and since done QA work for a US company)

Thanks
Adrian

Paul - ON2PCO

Post by Paul - ON2PCO » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:31 pm

I had no problem installing the v1.3.1 driver in conjunction with Windows 8.1.

73, Paul - ON2PCO
a Dutchman in Belgium
Paul - ON2PCO
a Dutchman in Belgium

ToymasterUK

Post by ToymasterUK » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:24 pm

Paul - ON2PCO wrote:I had no problem installing the v1.3.1 driver in conjunction with Windows 8.1.

73, Paul - ON2PCO
a Dutchman in Belgium
My 64bit Win 8.1 notebook works just fine but the ACER T100 Transformer Book is the one still failing to install the driver after two complete reloads etc.. Inluding using a powered USB3 hub and port. Also I have tried the second Micro USB2 port. Even modified lots of the config and BIOS without success.

Waiting on support now to suggest further fix attempts....

Adrian
Last edited by ToymasterUK on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No Reason

Heksu57

Post by Heksu57 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:00 pm

I have similar problem, but in Windows 10 64 bit. I have an Asus minitower. Have tried to install in many ways, antivirus disabled, USB2 and USB3 ports, external powered USB2 hub, etc etc. Installation went thru without any problems to my wife's ACER win10 64bit similar desktop. Would this be an Asus-related problem, driver does not like Asus..?
I really would like to use RSP with my own computer ;)
Seriously, good advice is really appreciated.
Edit 3.8-16: I had to restore Windows to state before first installation attempt. Installation was after that succesful and I'm now enjoying DX-world :-) . REason for first failure is unknown to me, but obviously nothing to do with brand ASUS.
Last edited by Heksu57 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason