ATV decoding with SDRplay

General discussions
DL8CQ

ATV decoding with SDRplay

Post by DL8CQ » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:40 pm

Hi,

recently an ATV relay went on Air in my area. It sends signals at 1280 MHz. Normally one would take an analog satellite receiver to decode the signal, but I am wondering if it is possible to do this with my little sdrplay? With 8 MHz bandwidth it should be possible to decode even the color information.

I tried to get TVSharp running, but it seems that the latest SDR# downloaded a few days ago and the latest version of TVSharp (also downloaded a few days ago from the russian plugin website) are not compatible.
I got an error about a different compiler version of the plugin - sorry, did not make a screenshot and now SDR# is just running without error message but no TV plugin appears :-(

Has anybody an idea about how to decode analog amateur TV or could point me to a working package SDR# + TVSharp so I could at least get B+W TV signal?

BR, 73
Martin
Last edited by DL8CQ on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

andyj

Re: ATV decoding with SDRplay

Post by andyj » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:14 am

Hi Martin.
There's an older version of SDR# ( 1361 ) here that might just be compatable. Can't guarantee anything but it may be worth trying.

http://www.radioscanner.ru/files/receiv ... /file18851

Andy
Last edited by andyj on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

mark1992

Post by mark1992 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:29 am

DL8CQ wrote:Hi,

recently an vegas atv tours relay went on Air in my area. It sends signals at 1280 MHz. Normally one would take an analog satellite receiver to decode the signal, but I am wondering if it is possible to do this with my little sdrplay? With 8 MHz bandwidth it should be possible to decode even the color information.

I tried to get TVSharp running, but it seems that the latest SDR# downloaded a few days ago and the latest version of TVSharp (also downloaded a few days ago from the russian plugin website) are not compatible.
I got an error about a different compiler version of the plugin - sorry, did not make a screenshot and now SDR# is just running without error message but no TV plugin appears :-(

Has anybody an idea about how to decode analog amateur TV or could point me to a working package SDR# + TVSharp so I could at least get B+W TV signal?

BR, 73
Martin
I have the same problem from 3 weeks. I also not getting proper solution about that. If you get solution. Please update me.
Last edited by mark1992 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

KM4JOJ

Post by KM4JOJ » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:21 pm

The plugin for SDR# I seem to recall will not decode NTSC. Which doesnt matter because the program doesnt seem to do anything with color or sound.

It was designed for 2mhz 8bit dongles.
Last edited by KM4JOJ on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

F1BJB

Post by F1BJB » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:39 pm

Analog satellite uses FM modulation the plugins are designed for AM modulation and useless in that case.