Enjoying SDRPLAY

Post your feedback here
M6MAL

Enjoying SDRPLAY

Post by M6MAL » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:35 am

Only had it a couple of weeks and i am delighted with it. My main radios are Icom ic7100 widebanded and yaesu ft957 widebanded and 2 H/H Icom D51e and TYT MD380. I stratr
ed looking into SDR after i saw a funcube demo at a ham rally in st neots, I live in a ground floor flat and all i have is a 66ft wire with a 9 to 1 unun i took off my old SRC X80 and i run the wire along a wall in my courtyard as i have no garden and the wire runs at 9ft off the ground. My vhf/uhf consists of a miniscan button mount tx on 2m n 70cms and it is upside down on a metal curtain rail in my flat. I have to go mobile to get any serious 2m done lol.
I bought the sdrplay so i could leave it connected to an indoor aerial and not worry as to use the outdoor i have to go in living room and connect a 20 ft patch lead to get action on radios which are in bedroom. I use a metal slinky suspended from a curtain rail with a 9 to 1 unun i made from a torroid from a computer psu and it works even though the top is 6ft off ground and bottom touches floor, i have transmitted on it in the past and worked into moscow and a lot of europe on psk31 so i thought i would dust it off and use it on my sdrplay and apart from hf it actually pulls in stuff like stereo fm , vhf airband, taxis etc, my 2m repeater and stuff on 70cms . As i have a freeview socket in my bedroom it would be rude not to use it and i use DVB Dream for the freeview as it works perfectly on windows 10 on my pc and laptop, the aerial is a communial one and the flats are 3 stories with mine on ground floor and this TV aerial actually pulls in vhf airband and have pulled in hf aswell, I can use the inverted aerial for 2m/70cms as well as it has wideband rx and i can of course pull in some hf. OK in conclusion the SDRPLAY was well worth it and i liked the specs of the SDRPLAY compared to the airspy n funcube, also i use it with sdruno and sdr# etc etc. I dont have to keep connecting my long patch lead to my icom ic7100 and my outdoor aerial as i can use the sdrplay and if i hear signals on the sdrplay on my slinky or other aerials i then know i can have some serious fun or even crank up ic7100. thanks for reading this and hope folk like it 73 de M6MAL licenced sinced august 2008
Last edited by M6MAL on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason