Interface SDRplay to Elecraft K3

General discussions
K8AMI

Interface SDRplay to Elecraft K3

Post by K8AMI » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:24 pm

I have a Elecraft K3 with an IF Interface card. I also use DXLABS Suite to control the K3.

How do I connect the SDRplay to the IF on the K3, will I have any issues with RF when I key the transmitter?

Also is the SDRuno software my best alternative for my setup?

TNX 73,

Mike K8AMI
Last edited by K8AMI on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

K8AMI

Re: Interface SDRplay to Elecraft K3

Post by K8AMI » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:16 pm

*****EDIT*****
Since this post I have received email from SDRplay telling me there is no connection from the Elecraft K3 to the SDRplay, only a cable from the PC to the SDRplay and software like SDRuno to handle the communication from the Elecraft K3 to the SDRplay.

I know there are two connectors on the SMDplay, one is a USB mini (what is it used for and where does it connect?) and the second is, I believe, an SMA connector (what it used for nd where does it connect?)

NOW I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED, I THOUGHT THE KXV3A Elecraft board was used to tap off the IF of the K3 to allow a connection from the K3 to the SDRplay.

I now am totally lost, PLEASE HELP!!!

***original post***
I have a Elecraft K3 with an IF Interface card. I also use DXLABS Suite to control the K3.

How do I connect the SDRplay to the IF on the K3, will I have any issues with RF when I key the transmitter?

Also is the SDRuno software my best alternative for my setup?

TNX 73,

Mike K8AMI
Last edited by K8AMI on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Tech_Support

Re: Interface SDRplay to Elecraft K3

Post by Tech_Support » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:34 pm

Sorry Mike,
We didn't correctly understand your question. I hope the new email we have sent you helps now.

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support