install mayhem

Post your feedback here
Jon1

install mayhem

Post by Jon1 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:35 am

I am not impressed at the inability to install the drivers for this receiver. Its really a big let down for all the initial hype.
I am running win 10 and Norton flashed up a issue which I allowed so the firewall would allow it all to work, but still get a "unknown device" in device manager. Onscreen I get "RSP not found, despite sound acknowledgement that the cable is ok.

But I suppose this is what happens with unsigned drivers in the lastest win 10 machines.
Last edited by Jon1 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Jon1

Re: install mayhem

Post by Jon1 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:58 pm

However, I must apologise to all, because of my initial stupidity. Although what happened was true, I eventually clicked that installing the software under administrator mode, this can allow the drivers to install without being itercepted by the antivirus software. Its a sort of "I trust this software"
I have now installed the software and its working as specified and more.
As a receiver its far superior to those cheaper dongle's on ebay.
Last edited by Jon1 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

DaveB

Re: install mayhem

Post by DaveB » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:50 pm

At least you haven't suffered the problem I've had with f-secure (not with RSP software). It has decided that setup.exe and install.exe are risky files and automatically deletes them. The reason they are risky is given as "they could make changes to your computer"! It was a nightmare workin g out how to get the av software to allow the files to run - as I don't like to disable to av software if I can help it.