A Way To Save Settings PLease

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
W9KJO

A Way To Save Settings PLease

Post by W9KJO » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:19 am

SDR Uno is in desperate need of a way to save all of the settings in all of the VFO's. It is great that the Workspaces can be saved but the actual FREQ's, Modes, Filter Settings, AGC, NB, Ect. Need to be saved as well.

I am using SDR Play and SDR UNO to Monitor Digital Modes on at least four different VFO's output to separate instances of FlDigi however every time I close and reopen SDR UNO I must set up each VFO again.

Please create a way to save it all.

Thanks

W9KJO

Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Re: A Way To Save Settings PLease

Post by sdrplay » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:51 am

Just been looking through what gets saved and what doesn't.

I can't see any setting in the RX control windows that isn't saved properly... except VFO A

VFO A is a special case because of the relationship between the VFOA and LO - also remember that the VRX0 dictates the frequency range of all other VRXs, so if you switch to VFO B in the VRX0 that will also change the frequencies of other VRXs

This is something that we will be changing. We want to separate the link between LO and VFO. I believe then it will save as you are looking for it to do. If you have a specific instance of where this isn't working as you think it should, please contact us at support (http://www.sdrplay.com/support) and we'll investigate further.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

octave9

Post by octave9 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:32 am

On the VFOA/LO relationship; after tuning around in various ways, it annoyed me that I had some odd setting indicated for LO. Tried all sorts to get them matching and eventually found how and was thinking it needs a button for that. Was neat to tune with both numbers the same, until I noticed the problem with a reasonable strong signal. Thinking about what I remember about Local Oscillators - it's remarkable that it works at all if its frequency is the same as tuned.

So I quite like it the way it is. Forces me to use it a particular way, by having (currently) 1MHz LO at the centre, Can click around anywhere, but remember to click back on the centre f before going up or down a page. I almost think it would suit me if adjusting the 'LO:' number in the Main SP both centred the VFO (so it matches old LO) and then goes to the next page up (or down). Would need a 'Back' button, in case that wasn't what was wanted.

Definitely needs to save all dialog sizes and positions. I expected it to just do it, but I'm guessing I've missed a setting, or a 'Save' button. I should read more than write. :?

Had to add: Clicked submit and looked at my other screen. Waterfall displays are beautiful and informative and look best I've seen surrounded by SDRUno widgets. Thanks.

W9KJO

Post by W9KJO » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:53 pm

I use multiple VFO's for Digital operations. None of the VFO's save their frequencies. Every time I close and reopen the software I have to reload the frequescies for all five vfo's. It would be great if I could save all the settings including VFO frequencies so a set up opens everything as I save it.

W9KJO

W9KJO

Post by W9KJO » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:10 pm

Having reconsider the save problem more this morning.

When I set up my Main SP and Aux SP windows, covering more than one band. It would be great if those settings, including their position on the band where I place them would be saved and return when I restart Uno.

As it is, I have set up Uno to monitor two bands while operation on 40m and 80m so I can see where all the activity is on these two bands. I use Cat Control to set my Rig when I select a position on one of these bands. I must transfer cat control from one VFO to the next for the other band, but it works pretty good.

Every time I close and reopen UNO I must set up again the Zoom level and position on the band for each of these windows. It would be great if it would return all of my settings.

Also, it would be wonderful if there were a button that would make it easy to switch my Cat control from one VFO to the other. Just a thought

BTW I switch from SSB operation to Digital often. My digital setup uses different Audio Cables and options than my SSB operation so It would be very helpful if various Workspaces would save all of the settings used in that workspace. Audio Setting, Cat settings, Freq settings. so when I go from one mode setup to another every thing would come up as it was last time I used that work space.

W9KJO