New install, SDRPlay not recognized

General discussions
KenHorse

New install, SDRPlay not recognized

Post by KenHorse » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:40 am

So, I went through the step-by-step install (Win 10, 64 bit) and no errors along the way. However when I plug in the SDRPlay, the system never sees it (I'd expect to see it in Device Manager's Audio In/Out) but it never shows. Nor does HDSDR see it as an audio device.

What should I be looking for?
Last edited by KenHorse on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Re: New install, SDRPlay not recognized

Post by sdrplay » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:41 am

The RSP will not appear as a sound card device. If the device has been installed correctly it will show in the Sound, Video and Game Controller section of the Device Manager.

For HDSDR you also need the EXTIO plugin from our Windows page (http://www.sdrplay.com/windows.html) - with that installed in the HDSDR installation directory, when you start HDSDR the EXTIO button will be a pale blue colour, then press START (or F2) but do not use the green triangle play button.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

Misterj

Post by Misterj » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:34 pm

KenHorse, I suggest you start with SDRuno. It brings the SDRPlay driver and all you need. Enjoy, John.

KenHorse

Post by KenHorse » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:51 pm

sdrplay wrote:The RSP will not appear as a sound card device. If the device has been installed correctly it will show in the Sound, Video and Game Controller section of the Device Manager.

For HDSDR you also need the EXTIO plugin from our Windows page (http://www.sdrplay.com/windows.html) - with that installed in the HDSDR installation directory, when you start HDSDR the EXTIO button will be a pale blue colour, then press START (or F2) but do not use the green triangle play button.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

Thanks! I already had the EXTIO installed but didn't notice the button in HDSDR. It's all working now (now to get it going with MAP65 and I'll be a happy camper)

K8DIO

Post by K8DIO » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:56 pm

I'm curious if you ever got MAP65 working with the SDRPlay.

Lloyd K8DiO

="KenHorse"]
sdrplay wrote:The RSP will not appear as a sound card device. If the device has been installed correctly it will show in the Sound, Video and Game Controller section of the Device Manager.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

Thanks! I already had the EXTIO installed but didn't notice the button in HDSDR. It's all working now (now to get it going with MAP65 and I'll be a happy camper)[/quote]
Last edited by K8DIO on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

KenHorse

Post by KenHorse » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Hi Lloyd

Sure, it was easy once I got the driver installed correctly. However, I really didn't find that the SDRPlay worked any better than my current FuncubePro+ so I ended up returning it to HRO (where I bought it).

K8DIO

Post by K8DIO » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:06 pm

Thanks, that's good info. I think the Funcube is the way to go. I've never heard about any big issues with it. Particularly with overload.

73, Lloyd K8DIO
KenHorse wrote:Hi Lloyd

Sure, it was easy once I got the driver installed correctly. However, I really didn't find that the SDRPlay worked any better than my current FuncubePro+ so I ended up returning it to HRO (where I bought it).
Last edited by K8DIO on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

KenHorse

Post by KenHorse » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Not to mention the FCD+ has I/Q output whereas the SDRPlay does not