Operator error??

Post your feedback here
JP6364

Operator error??

Post by JP6364 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:34 am

First, I am BRAND new to SDR...but not to radio, been an amateur radio operator since 1978.
Have the RSP2 running WIN 7 on Pent 2.5 GHZ 8GB RAM
First loaded the SDRuno 1.12 on 26 DEC 2016. I was (am) having high noise on the unit. I am using a small dipole and a 50 foot long wire, connected to Hi-Z. I also tried using on a different computer near my rig and connected to same antenna as I use for my IC-7600...no joy. Had way high noise, no signals...basically I was disappointed. Stations I can receive well on the 7600 were DIFFICULT to listen to on this. I read a post on here and installed the newer SDRuno 1.12.2, still high noise and only REAL strong stations were being received and not very well.
Every once in a while it will show ADC Overload on SDRuno Main window.
I cannot receive WWV 5, 10, 15MHZ or CHU 7850. FM Broadcast band is weak with local station (within) 10 miles registering 7 on S meter. Using outdoor dual band mobile Ham antenna (Comet 144/440 Mobile) for FM Broadcast band/VHF/UHF.

After the 1.12.2 upgrade the SDRuno RX Control will Lock up and not respond and I must restart the program.
I checked Task Manager and CPU is only at 29%...thought maybe it was that.
I also cannot "roll" mouse to take RX Control below 500 KHZ, I can enter it with keypad.

Is there an RSP2 for Dummies? I will read the manual again as I must be missing just about everything.
Thanks for any help. I am getting ready to put this in the too hard pile and take it back to HRO.
Last edited by JP6364 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: Operator error??

Post by Tech_Support » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:22 am

Try the SDRuno Cookbook by Paul Jones and Mike Ladd:

http://www.nn4f.com/SDRuno-cookbook.pdf

If you continue to have problems, email support-usa@sdrplay.com, but if possible, please send screen shots showing your Main Panel, Rx Control Panel and SP1 display, so that we can see your settings

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support

kroc

Post by kroc » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:40 pm

I'm very new to SDR and radio in general...

I face similar issues (too much noise) until I realize that I had to connect the two other Hi-Z input to ground.
I don't know yet how I'll find ground on my boat :?
Last edited by kroc on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

dlritter

Post by dlritter » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:36 pm

how about the anti-corrosion zinc on the bottom? No? Just trail a bit of wire in the water.

W9OSI

Post by W9OSI » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:57 am

I'm also new to sdr.
Using sdrplay with kenwood ts590sg hdsdr and hrd as pan adapter. Seems to work well I'm just not sure I have everything working correctly.
Seems to be alot of lag in audio from rig to sdr play and I really am having a lot of issues getting hdsdr set up to look right. If anyone can help please email me. Kb9pns@yahoo.com thanks
Last edited by W9OSI on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

octave9

Post by octave9 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:11 pm

Operator error is definitely me at the moment. I use Linux usually, but I'm suffering Windows 7 for SDRUno. I forget I have to click a window before the scroll wheel works there. I adjust RF gain and just hover over where I'm tuned and scroll a bit to QSY and the RF gain gets adjusted because that dialogue still has the focus. Even the virtual keyboard doesn't work as well as 'Onboard' in Linux (Mint 18).

Otherwise I've mostly mistaken images for signals. They go away with a different LO frequency. Also having trouble remembering where things are and wondering why some things seem absent in the version I have and controls have different names. I'll get there though and it's well worth it. I'm hugely impressed with both RSP2 and SDRUno...

John.