Copying digital modes with SDRuno

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
N3ZP

Copying digital modes with SDRuno

Post by N3ZP » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:32 pm

I have had my RSP2 working OK copying AM, SSB, FM and CW but wanted to try monitoring WSPR, JT65 and other digital modes. I have Virtual Audio Cable and am using WSJT-X software for the digital modes. I have some experience with Virtual Audio Cable using it previously with a FLEX-1500. I able to setup CAT frequency control of the RSP2 control but can't seem to get the audio signal to decode. The WSJT-X waterfall has a a lot of thick evenly spaced vertical bars and doesn't look like it should when receiving properly as with other radios.

Is anyone using Virtual Audio Cable with SDRuno and can give me some tips?

Thanks,

Phil N3ZP
Last edited by N3ZP on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

mikael

Re: Copying digital modes with SDRuno

Post by mikael » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:24 pm

Once I found how to select the audio output device in SDRuno, there was no problems decoding WSPR using the same setup as yours. Using the volume controls, you can monitor the levels of the Virtual Audio Cable masking sure you've got signal there. Of course, you can monitor them in WSJT-X as well. Make sure the levels aren't too high or low. Also, I hope you didn't used the VAC with the voice sponsor message each n:th second. :-)

W9KJO

Post by W9KJO » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:00 am

I currently monitor 4 VFO's using VAC and Fldigi on SDR UNO 1.04 with no dropouts.

Those vertical bars are drop outs.

When I upgraded to 1.12.2 I got drops outs at only 4 Mhz. 1.04 works perfectly at 5 Mhz with 5 VFO, 4 being used for Fldigi on 80m and 40m.

There is a processor overload problem with 1.12.2

W9KJO

n1kgy

Post by n1kgy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:14 pm

So I'm looking to use VAC to pipe "audio" [really just a bitstream] from SDRuno to FLdigi, WinPSK, Spectrum Lab, & etc for digital mode copy. In unix I would just pipe stuff from one application to another, but Winderz always makes things more complicated.

I D/L'ed the current VAC software, and created a virtual cable, but I'm not finding the [Output] Option selector in the SDRuno's Virtual Receiver Panel [RX_Control_0_0]. Yes, I've restarted both applications, and also rebooted my laptop and then started both apps from scratch - VAC first.

Running software SDRuno, Version 1.12 (23 December2016)

As a noob, please tell me what I am missing?

Tnx es 73, n1kgy
Last edited by n1kgy on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

k9cuf

Post by k9cuf » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:00 am

n1kgy wrote:I D/L'ed the current VAC software, and created a virtual cable, but I'm not finding the [Output] Option selector in the SDRuno's Virtual Receiver Panel [RX_Control_0_0].
It's hiding. Click the Settings button on the RX Control window, and then click the left arrow that's inline with the tab row until you see the 'Out' tab. That tab has the dropdown that selects the output device.
Last edited by k9cuf on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

n1kgy

Post by n1kgy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:15 pm

k9cuf wrote:It's hiding. Click the Settings button on the RX Control window, and then click the left arrow that's inline with the tab row until you see the 'Out' tab. That tab has the dropdown that selects the output device.
Got it. Thanks!