Windows tablet advice

General discussions
DonMooreDXer

Windows tablet advice

Post by DonMooreDXer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:16 pm

I just got an RSP-1 and am very impressed with it, using it with my laptop. I previously had an SDR-IQ and an Afedri (both for sale if anyone is interested).

I'd like to pair it up with a cheap 8-inch Windows tablet for portable use. Requirements would be running SDRUno and HDSDR. I'd want to make timed-recordings, but never more than 2 MHz wide. I'm looking for suggestions and what others are using. I'm looking for something around $100 and light-weight. And small so I'm focusing on 8 inch.

Microcenter has discontinued the Winbook series. On Amazon the "2017 Newest NuVision 8-inch" tablet looks good. It has an Intel Atom x5-Z8300 Quad-Core Processor and 2GB RAM. Weight is under 10 ounces and battery life listed at 9 hours.
Last edited by DonMooreDXer on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

DOUGG

Re: Windows tablet advice

Post by DOUGG » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:25 am

I use the sdrplay 2 with a dell venue 8 pro 1.8 ghz 2meg of ram with sdruno and works great I find there is less noise generated with the tablet so thats a plus. I can go up to 3 mhz bandwidth usually use at 2mhz. no problems except changing antenna freezes either the sdrplay or sdruno and have to stop and restart. works great although an external speaker helps
Last edited by DOUGG on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason