CSVUserListBrowser UI instructions?

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
henryb

CSVUserListBrowser UI instructions?

Post by henryb » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:48 pm

Hi all,
I am using the CSVUserListBrowser as per instructions in SDRUno Cookbook. It works very well for me. However there are so many menu items, buttons and fill-in boxes that remain a mystery to me. Is there a document or video that can clarify all these options. I'd like to know what I am choosing before selecting or pressing a button. Thanks in advance.
Cheers, curious Henry

Reason: No reason

mikeladd

Re: CSVUserListBrowser UI instructions?

Post by mikeladd » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:10 am

You can download the offline help file here
http://www.df8ry.de/htmlen/csvub/CSVUse ... r-Help.zip

Glad you like the cookbook.

henryb

Post by henryb » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:07 pm

Thanks Mike,

Yes, I like the cookbook for the clear step by step instructions and an introduction to CSVULB, of which I was unaware. I like how the two programs work together and the map tool. Unfortunately the help link you sent ends up in a blank page with nothing to download. If you have the help file would you please make it available?

Cheers, Henry

DanubeBCL

Post by DanubeBCL » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:05 pm

The help file is already on your PC. It's called CSVUserlistBrowser.chm and is located in the application folder. You can open it by doubleclick or by pressing F1 in the application. But I don't know if this is what you want.

henryb

Post by henryb » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:42 pm

Thanks Heinrich,

I do not have this help file nor will F1 open a help file. However I am exploring the various buttons and menu options and getting a better feel for CSVULB but there are still some mysteries. A tutorial of all the buttons and menu options would really help. What do other people do with this program besides the basics which are explained in the SDRuno Cookbook?

Cheers, Henry

DanubeBCL

Post by DanubeBCL » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:11 am

henryb wrote:I do not have this help file nor will F1 open a help file
This is totally strange. Did the application not create a folder structure as in the image after first start? Then there must be a problem with system priviliges (folder without write access) or a virus software must block something.
73, Heinrich
Attachments
csvub.jpg
csvub.jpg (19.71 KiB) Viewed 23069 times

henryb

Post by henryb » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:34 am

Thanks again Heinrich,

From your attached list I think that the problem is that I have an older version of CSVULB although it could be system privileges. I will investigate tonight after work and let you know how I made out.

Cheers Henry

henryb

Post by henryb » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:34 pm

Hello Heinrich,

Thanks for solving my problem. Your vast and detailed knowledge in this hobby is much appreciated. I reloaded the latest version of CSVULB. It came complete with the help file. This contains what I have been looking for and will help me to get the best results with my shortwave listening. Now I will concentrate on your hints for noise reduction from your other posts.

Cheers, Henry (also known as Heinrich to my German relatives)