Wish List

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
johnhlong

Wish List

Post by johnhlong » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:20 pm

SDRUNO works great.

In my case it would be icing on the cake if you added a few enhancements:

1) SPLITS: A way to copy the frequency from VR0 to VR1 and/or VR2 so I can setup being able to monitor / work Splits easily.

Once I find a DX working "Split" (using VR0) I would copy the frequency to VR1 and continually monitor his transmission on VR1.
That way I could monitor the DX station on VR1 and follow the pileup on VR0.
When I found a likely opening to call the DX on, my transceiver would be tuned to the VR0 frequency.

2) A color band across the bottom of the Spectrum display to show the Ham Band Limits.

3) A way to change the Ham band presets on the Rx panel. I would like to setup some of the buttons to select:
The 60 meter Ham Band
The Air Traffic Control tower at my local airport.
Pre sets for Ham Satellites
Last edited by johnhlong on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

NoelC

Re: Wish List

Post by NoelC » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:54 am

Not to try to talk you out of your (good) suggestions, but regarding your item 3, just in case you haven't run across it yet...

If you press the [MCTR] button at the top right of the RX CONTROL window, clicking entries you have saved in the MEM PANEL will change modes and tune the stations you click on.

-Noel

someYguy

Re: Wish List

Post by someYguy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:02 pm

Not bashing SDRUno but I don't use it hardly at all because it seems that our SDRPlay folks - wonderful as they are - don't interact much here nor listen to feature requests for this software.

Don't misunderstand, I'm grateful to these guys for bringing to us this nice program for free. But it really needs to have some basic things which the others already have, such as better implementation of zoom and centering on the main spectrum display, user definable filter width buttons, and an ability to directly access the RSPx Device Controller Panel.

I know that it takes time & effort to code these things but most of these changes are small and related to the UI so shouldn't be too bad.