Page of free sofware for SDR!!!

General discussions
bubblegumpi

Page of free sofware for SDR!!!

Post by bubblegumpi » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:41 pm

http://www.rv3apm.com/

I downloaded the sigmira program and it seems I have finally found a way to listen to the digital signals on the sdr. I'm currently trying to decode my first signal as its alot of guess work. I think the CW mode is a way to decode Morse but so far I have only seen it display garbage like: JFHKFJHKWEFHKLHRH3487H4,,,,,,,,,.......83758378HFJHIFH83.

Which of these programs could be used with SDRPlay?

Why does the sigmira program seem to have such a hard time separating out the AM broad cast signals? I live by an AM transmitter and it spills over all the way up to 20MHz. It does this on SDR uno but only on certain frequencies, but in sigmira its on EVERY frequency!? I though that was handled in the radio not the software. I don't have a blocking filter on my antenna yet.

Reason: No reason

CaptainNemo

Re: Page of free sofware for SDR!!!

Post by CaptainNemo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:12 pm

bubblegumpi wrote:... downloaded the sigmira program and it seems I have finally found a way to listen to the digital signals on the sdr...
If you find sigmira is not good as front-end (the support for sdrplay is "experimental" I'm afraid...)
you can still use it as back-end.

In other words: use a front-end like sdr# etc.etc. to manage the hardware (tuning, bandwidth etc.)
then send the audio to a virtual cable (e.g. VB-cable is free...) and from the virtual cable to sigmira
(this is a little tricky since sigmira dont let you to choose the device so you must set vb-cable ad the default recording/playback devive in windows).

I had a lot of fun decoding cw, hfdl, s4258, fsk ...
Remember that most of this tx are crypted so it is difficult to sort out if you are decoding or not.
Therefore there are also a lot fo tx in clear.

Have fun!!!

bye
gio

bubblegumpi

Post by bubblegumpi » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:19 pm

So after you get the playback sorted out with vb. Cable what do you tune sigmara to?
Or does it know you are using the vbcable?
Will you be able to hear the audio of the sdruno? Kind of hard to figure out what a signal is by the waterfall, not impossible, but not practical, not something I would do for fun.

DanubeBCL

Post by DanubeBCL » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:14 am

With Sigmira you also must face that it immediately mutes the default recording device audio level after start. Doing this it excludes itself from receiveing signals from e. g. VB Cable Output. You have to un-mute the recording device in the system property tab and click "Mute" in Sigmira to avoid loopbacks between Sigmira audio output and input.

In the beginning I often wondered why I had no success with Sigmara and why after closing it all my audio in the PC running through VB Cable was dead. This is a somewhat peculiar behaving I have never seen with other decoding softwares.

73, Heinrich