IF signal mode

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
EA2OK

IF signal mode

Post by EA2OK » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:04 pm

Hello,

I´m a new user of sdrplay, and I injected into the device the IF signal from a Icom IC-7600 which is 64MHz.

I have read some messages from this forum and seems that the SDRUNO doesn´t work in IF mode.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you in advance
Juanjo EA2OK
Last edited by EA2OK on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Re: IF signal mode

Post by sdrplay » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:55 pm

You can certainly tune to the IF frequency and visualise the spectrum your transceiver is receiving. OmniRig control whilst using the IF output isn't working and we will fix that in a future release.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

EA2OK

Post by EA2OK » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:28 pm

Yes, I confirm that if I can see the spectrum of my radio in the SDRuno, tuning at the IF frequency (64,455MHz).
But I want to synchronize the frequency, if the radio is in 7,150 the SDRuno automatically show this frequency..... I understand that at the moment this can´t be done....this is correct?
Last edited by EA2OK on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

DC2RF

Post by DC2RF » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:32 am

Hello,

I am looking for a similar usage scenario. The RSP2pro should serve me as Panadapter to monitor the current band activities. I see currently two general options:
1. Connect the RSP2 to an second antenna e.g. High Z input with the challenge not to get to much RF when sending with the primary antenna connected to my radio (Kenwood TS-480SAT). Via OmniRig I would be able to keep freq. in sync, just the double antenna issue is not so bright..

2. Get the IF from the TS-480 SAT, I connected it to the CN152 Pins and the IF Signal 73.095 MHz works. But as stated above I can't display the tune frequency from the radio then. So I am bit lost then in the IF spectrum as it has no link to the radio freq.
When is the additional SDRUno feature planned or is there any other clever workaround?

Other than that, the SDRUno Software is great, still some small bugs, but you are on the right path from modularization and look&feel!
73 de DC2RF
Last edited by DC2RF on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

DC2RF

Post by DC2RF » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:30 am

Hi Folks,

just wanted to give you an update how the IF injection solution works.
With the SDRUno Version 1.13 from March 2017 it works great. Here the way I did it:

In the SDR Uno Main Window just go to SETT. and in the ORIG tab enter your TRX IF and klick enable.
Start RX Control and activate RSYN1 and in SETT. again ORIG tab activate the first two sync checkboxes so that SDRUno shows you the correct frequency.
I am running Omni Rig via COM 7 for TR control and I can now select the QGR on the Transceiver or klick in the spectrum on the PC to go to a signal.

73 de DC2RF
Ralph
Last edited by DC2RF on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

ik7Max

Post by ik7Max » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:43 am

DC2RF wrote:Hi Folks,

just wanted to give you an update how the IF injection solution works.
With the SDRUno Version 1.13 from March 2017 it works great. Here the way I did it:

In the SDR Uno Main Window just go to SETT. and in the ORIG tab enter your TRX IF and klick enable.
Start RX Control and activate RSYN1 and in SETT. again ORIG tab activate the first two sync checkboxes so that SDRUno shows you the correct frequency.
I am running Omni Rig via COM 7 for TR control and I can now select the QGR on the Transceiver or klick in the spectrum on the PC to go to a signal.

73 de DC2RF
Ralph
Hi Ralph
I do the same but everytime I close the software and restart it all settings are lost (especially TRX IF)
Any idea?
Last edited by ik7Max on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

ik7Max

Post by ik7Max » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:27 pm

Can we hope for a new updated version of sdruno? With a stable configuration of the IF

Nj5n

Post by Nj5n » Sat May 06, 2017 5:19 pm

The only software that I have found that will work properly with my K3 IF (8,215,000) while using Omni-Rig is SDR Console Ver 2.3 Buld 2760. HDSDR will also work but seems a little more difficult to setup so I am currently using the SDR Console as my pan-adapter. SDR Console Ver 3 does not yet support the IF feed.

I was disappointed when SDRUno came out with IF support but does not function with Omni-Rig which makes it useless to me for that purpose. I hope they are able to make this work properly in the near future.

Chris
NJ5N

ik7Max

Post by ik7Max » Sun May 07, 2017 12:53 pm

Nj5n wrote:The only software that I have found that will work properly with my K3 IF (8,215,000) while using Omni-Rig is SDR Console Ver 2.3 Buld 2760. HDSDR will also work but seems a little more difficult to setup so I am currently using the SDR Console as my pan-adapter. SDR Console Ver 3 does not yet support the IF feed.

I was disappointed when SDRUno came out with IF support but does not function with Omni-Rig which makes it useless to me for that purpose. I hope they are able to make this work properly in the near future.

Chris
NJ5N
Confirm! SDR console V2 work great
However I use Console V3... it's a beta test but with some attention you can configure it.

For example I use this settings with Icom IC 7600.
- able external radio
- click on ? of external radio select "frequency" and in if output 64.453.655 (no direct 64450000 tipical for ic7600)
- after you have to look for the correct configuration for ssb-L and ssb-U... this is the hard part because, everytime you write a new offset you must select IF output dot before. My settings is SSB-L=0 and SSB-U=3080. Remember: re-select the dot of IF output again everytime. You will not read the offsets when return but it's memorized.

HDSDR is the most stable of all... for IC7600:
- start onirig and configure it with your radio
- option-> CAT to radio (omnirig)-> select the correct Sync Rig (you read connect). Select sink to omnirig and from omnirig and sync modulation
- option-> RF Front end configuration-> select SDR IF output, wich is controlled (select the correct omnirig connection)
in If frequency write the if output of your rig (IC7600=64450000Hz)
So SDR console you can choose offset. For my ic 7600:
Global offset= -6420
LSB offset= 2820
USB offset= 0

That's all folks, but me too wait for new release of sdruno