How to change freq on Laptop without wheel mouse

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
W9KJO

How to change freq on Laptop without wheel mouse

Post by W9KJO » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:03 pm

I have the new version of SDR UNO on my laptop and my laptop does not have a wheel mouse, just the little pad at the bottom of the keyboard.

How do I scroll freq digits on a laptop?

I usually use SDR UNO on my desktop but want to show the SDR UNO to some potential hams at a meeting in a couple weeks so I loaded it up on my laptop. Help me get this strait in my mind on the laptop please.

Thanks W9KJO

Reason: No reason

W2DLC

Re: How to change freq on Laptop without wheel mouse

Post by W2DLC » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:38 pm

If you click at the top of a digit, it will increase, and click on the bottom of the digit, it will decrease.

W9KJO

Post by W9KJO » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Is there a setting for this function because when I click on the top or bottom of any digit a freq enter window opens.

Some time one just needs to nudge up or down a few digits and that is possible with a wheel mouse but not so easy on a laptop

W9KJO

W9KJO

Post by W9KJO » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:18 am

The Manual says that the up/down arrows are suppose to change freq in VRX by the step size.

How do I turn this on? It is not working on my PC.

W9KJO

W2DLC

Post by W2DLC » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:12 pm

I think that is changed by hitting the space bar. I made an error by saying you could click on the number to move it. That's in another SDR program. the arrows work on my HP laptop. In addition to the manual for SDRUno, there is also the Cookbook under the Community part of Downloads, that is very helpful.

W9KJO

Post by W9KJO » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Interesting that the up/down arrows work on your laptop but not on mine. That is very curious. I have a Toshiba Sattelite.

For now I just switched from SDR Uno the HDSDR. It too bad too because SDR Uno is a good software. Just not setup well for laptops. Laptops are fast replacing desktop PCs.

W9KJO

W2DLC

Post by W2DLC » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:53 pm

As, I said, everything is working fine on my laptop. I like SDRUno. I had a learning curve, but it wasn't that long. Mostly, I discovered that the software can do a lot more than I could discover in one sitting. There is more access to the gain controls and individual filters in SDRUno than in the other software, but some of that is in menus or windows that aren't immediately visible. Once you have discovered them, and then learned how they function, you can really tune it to do exactly what you want.

Sailor46

Post by Sailor46 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:42 pm

I have an Altec Laptop and a Lenovo laptop both without a mouse wheel, and fine tuning freq in SDRuno is almost impossible. The space bar does not help. Clinking on a digit does not help. The current SDRuno logic to fine tune freq is not functional and does not work on either of my laptops. This is a major problem since almost all laptops do not have a mouse wheel. Most people with laptops do not want an external mouse. A simple solution would be to use the keyboard up and down arrows to increase or decrease the frequency. The up and down arrows emulate the mouse wheel in Windows 7 when I use almost any browser Laptops are rapidly replacing desk top computers. If the developers of SDRuno would like their program used in the future with laptops, please add the ability to use the keyboard up and down arrows to fine tune freq. Every keyboard has up and down arrows key, but I have never seen a laptop with mouse wheel. Your help with this problem is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Sailor46 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Sailor46

Post by Sailor46 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:45 pm

W2DLC wrote:If you click at the top of a digit, it will increase, and click on the bottom of the digit, it will decrease.
I have two laptops, a Lenovo and an Altec laptop, and your suggestion does NOT work on either of my laptops. We need to be able to use the up and down arrows on the keyboard. I have never seen a laptop with a mouse wheel, and I do not want to carry around an external mouse with my laptop. Laptops are rapidly replace desk stop computers. Fine tuning freq in SDRuno on a laptop is almost impossible.

Sailor46

Post by Sailor46 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:49 pm

W9KJO wrote:Interesting that the up/down arrows work on your laptop but not on mine. That is very curious. I have a Toshiba Sattelite.

For now I just switched from SDR Uno the HDSDR. It too bad too because SDR Uno is a good software. Just not setup well for laptops. Laptops are fast replacing desktop PCs.

W9KJO
The up and down arrows do not work in SDRuno on my Altec and my Lenovo laptop. I wish they did, but they don't. Fine tuning freq in SDRuno on a laptop is almost impossible. I have never seen a laptop with a mouse wheel, and most people do not want to carry around an external mouse with their laptop. Laptops are rapidly replacing desk top computers. We really need to be able to use the up and down arrows to fine tune freq. Clicking on a digit to fine tune freq does not work on my laptops. We really need the up and down arrows working. If this logic is suppose to work, then please test this feature on a number of different laptops. Fine tuning freq in SDRuno on a laptop is almost impossible.