Suggestions (or maybe some of these features already exist)

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
MikeEE

Suggestions (or maybe some of these features already exist)

Post by MikeEE » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:00 am

I have some suggestions on SDRUno (partially incase I'm doing it wrong, feel free to tell me it already exists):

SDRUno is great so far (very short time user), but you know, we always want more, especially if somebody else does the work.

1. Feature request: I cannot figure out how to directly edit the LO. I have a way of changing the LO, but it is cumbersome. (enable LO Lock, tune VFO to LO, disable LO Lock, tune back to where you want). It would be better to be able to hover over LO and change it...if it goes to far, it would also change the VFO. Hope this makes sense.
2. Another column for VRX, allowing you to change which VRX controls the LO.
3. Ability to disable VRX0 (after/if item 2 above is added)
4. WFM and SWFM should automatically select the 192k filter, but allow user to change to narrower filter if desired. NFM and MWF should also select automatically most common BW filter.
5. RDS decode display directly in RX Control window (not in pop up).
6. I cannot find a time domain display of demodulated output for AM/FM.
7. ZAP is not documented in the manual I have, and I am not sure if the button is doing what it is supposed to be doing.

Also, I have some adaptive filters I'd like to test ... is it possible to integrate them into SDRuno?

Thanks for a great product with a great value!
Last edited by MikeEE on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

MikeEE

Re: Suggestions (or maybe some of these features already exist)

Post by MikeEE » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:00 pm

Following up...

8. Is there an interface that will pass out a stream for additional processing, and allow us to pass it back in?
9. It would be nice to have one spectrum with multiple numbered VFOs...even in the age of multiple 4K monitors, this would be preferable to a spectral domain per VRX.

Still enjoying my RSP2pro...so much I bought one for work, too. SDRuno is still cool, this feedback in constructive and in ignorance of effort necessary for SDRUno team to add requested features.

W2DLC

Post by W2DLC » Tue May 02, 2017 11:52 am

FYI, you can tune the LO frequency with the mouse wheel. It's slow because you can only tune in the selected increment, but you can change it that way by putting your cursor on the LO frequency on the waterfall and rolling the mouse wheel.
The ZAP button will put you on top of the nearest, strongest CW signal when in CW mode. It does seem to work.

MikeEE

Post by MikeEE » Wed May 03, 2017 2:44 pm

Thanks for the response, WLDC. Yeah, the LO control is still less than ideal.

The zap sounds cool for CW. A similar snap feature for closely spaced AM/FM channels would be cool, too.

hfsdpk11

Post by hfsdpk11 » Sun May 07, 2017 12:24 pm

Regarding CW ZAP, I haven't quite figured it out either but it does seem to snap the VFO to the strongest CW signal in the IFBW rather than the FILTER BW. My setup is plagued by several spurs which I can avoid by judicious sampling and filtering but I find that if there's a signal stronger than the tallest in the FILTER BW, the VFO will snap to that instead. E.g. for a selected CW FILTER of 500 Hz and an available IF of 1.536 MHz. - the largest signal within the 500 Hz. BW is, say, -90 dBm. and there's a -80 dBm. signal at 1000 Hz. offset from CF, doing a ZAP snaps the VFO to the -80 dBm. signal. That's not how I think it should work - it's certainly not how I'd want it to work. Surely, the operator wants to ZAP to the strongest signal in the FILTER BW ?
Last edited by hfsdpk11 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.