sdruno/sdrplay/laptops

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Paul

sdruno/sdrplay/laptops

Post by Paul » Thu May 11, 2017 12:33 pm

To be honest, I don't know which heading to post this query under - but here goes:
I have two Dell laptops both running windows 10, one runs SDRUNO/PLAY without difficulty, but the other that I would prefer to use (because of it's speed) has a SSD and consistently fails to run the programme and after multiple attempts (removing/reloading SDRUNO &/or SDRConsole) will not even connect to the RSP's USB port - citing unidentified external error.
All other USB ports are recognised and problem free.
I would appreciate any suggestions as to what the problem might be caused by and/or how to overcome it.

Reason: No reason

W2DLC

Re: sdruno/sdrplay/laptops

Post by W2DLC » Mon May 15, 2017 5:28 pm

I saw in another thread that someone mentioned that some USB 3.0 ports are non-standard and can cause problems. Try using SDR Play through a hub.

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon May 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Many thanks for the suggestion - I'll give it a try.

Paul

Post by Paul » Fri May 26, 2017 7:37 pm

Well,,tried about everything now - RSP2 "running like a train" on older laptop, but on he newer Dell E6420 with SSD really quick!) after trying all manner of fixes, I have found that it will recognise and run the receiver via Extio in SDRPlay.
However, this of course is not the answer and on attempting to access the receiver again via SDRUno the message "rsp not found" is simply repeated.
I have even copied the download from the other computer, installed and run it with the same result.
Very puzzled - any further suggestions would be most welcome.