tuning SDRuno via the MAIN SP window

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
jaypea500

tuning SDRuno via the MAIN SP window

Post by jaypea500 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:02 am

is there a way to tune SRDuno by clicking and dragging inside the MAIN SP window or the dragging the frequency markings? I thought I saw a video where the host dragged the frequency markings to tune the receiver. doesn't work here on my install.

yes/no?

...joe
Last edited by jaypea500 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Paul

Re: tuning SDRuno via the MAIN SP window

Post by Paul » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:02 am

Hi Joe
You can get quickly to the pretty comprehensive user manual by clicking on "options" in the main window then see:
4.3 The spectrum “quick browser”
Sometimes in a spectrum window you need a high zoom factor and at the same time you need also to
move quickly to another part of the spectrum; as the shown spectrum portion is small in comparison to the
total it would take ages to reach the wanted position dragging the frequency scale. SDRuno has the “quick
browser” function:
- Place the cursor inside the frequency scale.
- Press the SHIFT key, a yellow overlay will appear on a portion of the scale: here the size and
position of this overlay indicates the currently shown portion of the spectrum relative to the total
(the whole frequency scale).
- Click and drag the above overlay until the window shows the spectrum portion you wish.
4.4 SP2 filter adjustments
Besides the usual dragging of the selectivity filter edges (the red cursors) in the SP2 window there are
other some useful features available.
I hope that this may be what you are lookin for
Best Wishes
Paul

jaypea500

Post by jaypea500 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:16 pm

hi paul. thanks for the reply. I did check the manual before posting. I posted because the procedure there did not work for me. do you know if there are any settings, etc that might need to be set to make it work?
Last edited by jaypea500 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Paul

Post by Paul » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Hi Joe
With regard to 4.3, I can only confirm that this works for me as advertised.
The only thing to emphasise here, is that I don't believe that it works unless the spectrum is "zoomed" as it says, otherwise, you get a yellow bar right across and it does not tune - first zoom then drag.
I assume you're OK with 4.4.
FWIW - I'm running the programme on an Windows 10 laptop.
Hope this may help
Paul