Hear noise but no transmissions

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
Yeved

Hear noise but no transmissions

Post by Yeved » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Yesterday I installed my SDRplay RSP2 on my Windows 10 laptop. Connected a 2M antenna to the "A" line. Set up my view according to Mike's #1 SDRuno basic layout he describes on the YouTube video. It seems every thing works except I do not receive any voice or CW signals. I get noise, waterfall readouts, everything seems to work but the transmission sound is missing. I ca't hear my local repeater or a local FM station so I think I may not have all the settings correct. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.
Last edited by Yeved on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

g1hbe

Re: Hear noise but no transmissions

Post by g1hbe » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi Yeved. Are you seeing spikes on the spectrum display but when you click the tuning cursor onto a spike you are getting no sound? Or are you seeing no spikes at all?
You say you are are receiving noise, so it seems the receiver and audio is working. Remember that the frequency entry is KHz, not MHz. It's a very easy mistake to make. I can't think of much else!

Andy

Yeved

Post by Yeved » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:24 am

I see different spikes but no audio. I tried a different antenna and same results. For 147.015 MHz I type in 145.015. Or should I type in something different?

When I transmit on another radio, on another antenna, I do not get a spike showing. The entire band rises on the screen but there is no spike.

Thanks.

Yeved

Post by Yeved » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:41 am

VICTORY.

It is the Kilohertz challenge. I plugged in the frequency using Kilohertz instead of Megahertz and I think than has fixed this issue.

Thank you!