Windows 10 professional & SDRUno

General discussions
Paul

Windows 10 professional & SDRUno

Post by Paul » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:46 pm

Greetings
Is there a known issue with Windows 10 professional and SDRUno?
I have two Dell laptops, both running Windows 10, one of which happily runs Uno and other programmes that will run an RSP2.
However, the second machine, with the Windows 10 professional edition will not run SDRUno.
The programme is correctly installed, all the files are present and correspond in size to those on the other machine.
I have installed and uninstalled the programme several times without success and the computer does not find the RSP, then crashes (looking for a solution to the problem, completes to 100% and then hangs indefinitely).
I can enter the SDRPlay program, open the RSP2 Extio and bring up the RSP's "windows," although various features, such as antenna selection, RFGain/Reduction do not load and the receiver is of course non-functional.
I would prefer to use this laptop rather than the other, as it is considerably faster, equipped with a SSD.
Any possible splution would be welcome.

Reason: No reason

Mike2459

Re: Windows 10 professional & SDRUno

Post by Mike2459 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:12 pm

Check to confirm that the SDRPlay (RSP2) is being reported in Device Manager. You will find it listed under 'Sound, video and game controllers' in DevMan. If not, then the driver install failed.

I use SDRUno on a Win10Pro (64 bit) machine with no serious issues.

Paul

Post by Paul » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Thanks Mike
You're right!
Why didn't I think of doing that??
Now to find out how to remedy that if possible.
Cheers
Paul

Mike2459

Post by Mike2459 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:04 pm

I'd like to clarify my last post. SDRPlay won't appear in DevMan (as an active device) if it is not currently connected to the PC. But by enabling 'Show Hidden Devices' (in DevMan's view menu) any previous instances will be listed. This feature can be helpful in troubleshooting - it acts as a way to see the device history by checking the Events tab. It is available by right clicking on the device name and then selecting Properties

DanubeBCL

Post by DanubeBCL » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:47 pm

Paul, you mentioned RSP2 Extio. Did you unintentionally start SDRunoExtio and tried to run the RSP2 with the Extio dll?
Maybe the Mirics API is missing on the PC in question.
SDRuno has native RSP2 support. It should run RSP2 without any Extio and Mirics API.
73, Heinrich

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:00 am

Thanks Mike and Heinrich
1. To be honest, having got a bit frustrated with the "pro" machine - it wasn't physically connected when I looked in response to Mike's post.
2. The use of the EXTIO was an attempt to see what would happen if it was accessed - and I was a little surprised at the result, but then what I know about computing wouldn't fill a very large book!
And you are, as you know of course, absolutely correct about the native support Heinrich - I'm not going to give up trying to get that machine to work even though the other does work satisfactorily with Uno and other programmes.
Best Wishes
Paul

Paul

Post by Paul » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:16 am

Having finally got my RSP up and running on my second Dell laptop (Running Windows 10 pro), all is working well so far with this instal, except for signal corruption in SAM mode.
If anyone has a suggestion to remedy this, it would be appreciated - I'm out of my depth here.
The original installation problems were probably partly the result of my security system rejecting the programme, without issuing any notification and the API being automatically directed to the Programs' folder rateher than the X86 one (inattention to detail on my part).

g1hbe

Post by g1hbe » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi Paul. Re the poor results on sync AM mode. Check you are not receiving on top of the LO frequency, as this will cause distortion on AM and locking problems on sync AM. It's always best with any SDR to keep the receive frequency and the LO a few tens of KHz apart. Just click the frequency cursor off to one side of the LO spike and re-enter the frequency. Or you could tune away with the mouse wheel and then click the cursor on the frequency of interest. Hope I'm not telling you stuff you already know.

Andy

Paul

Post by Paul » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:29 pm

Thaks for the suggestion Andy
However, in this case this is not the aswer I'm afraid.
To be honest, I still suspect this laptop and will, for the present at least go back to the relaible one, shelving the suspect until I have the patience to have another protracted go.
All the best
Paul