SDRuno Operation without SDR?

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Tocnon

SDRuno Operation without SDR?

Post by Tocnon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:42 pm

I own the RSP2pro and have been using it quite a bit to capture wide frequency ranges to an RF WAV file... works great! My question is;

Can SDRuno be run without any SDR attached to the computer, for purposes of working with RF WAV recordings?

After capturing RF WAV files, I will go back through the data files at another time-- many times while away from my amateur radio station. The problem is that SDRuno won't start if the RSP is not connected to the computer. Please let me know if there is a way around this, strictly for working with recordings.

Thank you!
Last edited by Tocnon on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

mikeladd

Re: SDRuno Operation without SDR?

Post by mikeladd » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:25 pm

You can try using the EXT/IO edition of SDRuno and use the RSP2 EXT/IO dll. I have not tested this but it's worth trying.

Tocnon

Post by Tocnon » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Mike, thanks for the info. This could possibly work, but would be a hassle to get two copies of SDRuno running on a single machine (possible?). It would be nice if the ability to run SDRplay for purposes of working with recorded RF wav files could be added in a future release. I understand the full version is essentially locked to the SDRplay receivers, so hopefully it can also be "locked" to the specific file format that SDRplay records to, so that it can be run without the SDRplay attached.
Last edited by Tocnon on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

jmhanna

Post by jmhanna » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:11 pm

I am facing this same situation, and unfortunately running the EXTio version of SDRuno throws a strange error when I try to open and review a .wav file that was captured using my RSP1a ("Not supported WAV file")... I can easily open these .wav files when the RSP1a is attached however (running the RSP version of SDRuno). I was hoping for a completely untethered solution, if possible?
Last edited by jmhanna on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.