Only half of SP1 spectrum displayed

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
hfsdpk11

Only half of SP1 spectrum displayed

Post by hfsdpk11 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:28 pm

Hello all; I've just installed SDRUno on an HP Elitepro laptop Win7Pro/corei5 working with SDRPlay 2 Pro and all works fine EXCEPT the SP1 window only displays the spectrum from Flo to Flo+BW/2. It does not show the spectrum below the LO frequency no matter how I try to adjust the frequency scale zoom or pan. Even with the zoom out at max, the display only shows the upper half of the VRX spectrum. This is true regardless of which of multiple VRX's I use, the frequency of the LO or the frequency of the VRX. I've been using the same SDRPlay box on a Dell E6320 laptop since March and have NEVER run into this problem. In fact, I put the box back on the Dell and it still works fine.

I know my way around SDRUno fairly well and am puzzled by why the HP laptop is only showing half of the SP1 spectrum. Everything else works fine, even the SP2 display, but I just can't figure why SP1 is showing only the upper half of the spectrum. So, I'm looking for advice before (a) trying HDSDR or something else, or (b) re-installing SDRUno. Re-booting the laptop from scratch doesn't fix the problem.

Help, please and thank you.

Hugo.

Reason: No reason

mikeladd

Re: Only half of SP1 spectrum displayed

Post by mikeladd » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:48 pm

Can you post a screen shot please.

hfsdpk11

Post by hfsdpk11 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:08 pm

Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (95.79 KiB) Viewed 14329 times
I'm using VRX0 to tune the LO, VRX1 to tune the VFO & do the things I want. I can tune VRX1 below 147.000 and (I think) it is demodulating ok, but the display won't go below 147.000. The zoom factor is at max, i.e. I've clicked the zoom left arrow until the display stops widening. Zooming in works as expected, but I can't pan the frequency axis below 147.000. If I tune VRX1 to something below 147.000, the cursor goes off the left edge. If I tune back above 147.000, the cursor comes back. It's as if the spectrum horizontal axis has been magnified and is only displaying the top half.

I wouln't swear it under oath, but I think that when I first launched SDRU after installation, it behaved as expected with the full spectrum being available. Then, I may have punched a weird set of keystrokes, mouse clicks or combination thereof to end up in this situation and I can't remember how I got here (if that's indeed what happened). If that's what happened, it wasn't intentional and I want to get back to normal. It's harder to imagine that SDRU simply flicked to this state on its own.

Hugo.

hfsdpk11

Post by hfsdpk11 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:34 pm

Found it !

In Main-OPT-Mode, I had the selection set to "Right Channel". Set it to "I/Q" and things are back to normal.

So the answer is "finger problem" on my part when I was setting all the SDRU options to where I want them.

Thanks to everyone who gave consideration to my dilemma.

Hugo.

g1hbe

Post by g1hbe » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:51 am

I'm glad you've found it, Hugo. I was wracking my brain to think of what it might be but got nowhere!

Andy