RSP2 with SdrSharp

General discussions
Phoenix

RSP2 with SdrSharp

Post by Phoenix » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Is there a way to run my RSP2 with SDRSharp? I still have a copy of Sdr# 1500 but i did not manage to get it to run. All the guides on the internet i found are about the RSP1. I always get a missing API Error. Is there even a way to run the RSP2 with SDRSharp?

Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: RSP2 with SdrSharp

Post by Tech_Support » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:39 pm

Hello Phoenix,
If you can get hold of release 1361 or earlier, you can use the RSP2 via the ExtIO plugin. After release 1361, it is not possible to use the RSP2 with SDR#

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support

supwiddiss

Post by supwiddiss » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:14 pm

I was able to find ver 1361 loaded with plugins.
It is true. API's and dll's do not work with higher versions of sharp.
Finally! Scan and Store. Exactly what I've been needing.
I've grabbed over 60 freqs in the past few hours with Frequency Scanner.
SDRplay, what's going on? Don't you think your purchasers would expect and need at least this feature?
I've been mainly using HDSDR and Virtual Cable because it's (they are) the easiest and most straight forward application that melds well with your radio.

It's been months and months with no updates or features for any of your hosted software.
And mention by your coders that they either wont do or don't think anyone needs plugins, features, etc is a bit narrow minded.

Bury the hatchet. SDR# is awesome. Whatever "war" you have going on at least shake hands and let our RSP2's work with SDR# in Windows.

Just the fact that we can at least use an outdated version (by the droves) would lend a clue at the interest and popularity.

As far as Simon Brown's incantation. I hate it. I'm wondering if he has ever sat down at a "real" radio before. If it were so, it would be as easy as sitting down for a nice evening of dial spinning in front of the ICOM or Yaesu.

Come on SDRplay, give us Something!
Please.

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Regarding SDR#, this has been covered before ad nauseam. We would love to support SDR#, but it is not within our gift to do so. All attempts to collaborate with the authors of the software have been rebuffed. Please check through the various threads on the subject.

Regarding SDRuno, we will have a new release coming in a few weeks time. We will not be listing the feature changes in advance as it will be subject to change right up until the last minute, but it is coming.

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:13 pm

Tech_Support wrote:Hello Phoenix,
If you can get hold of release 1361 or earlier, you can use the RSP2 via the ExtIO plugin. After release 1361, it is not possible to use the RSP2 with SDR#

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support
Thank you very much for responding to me. It is nice that a company replies to its customers. I managed to get it to work with SdrSharp 1500. I do not know how i exactly did it but it works.

supwiddiss

Post by supwiddiss » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:15 pm

I'll be looking for the release. In the meantime.
The API. I may be missing something. In # you drop the correct dll for your radio in the root folder containing the files. And your RSP works in it.
So where does the API come into play? I've searched a bit, no dice.
Can anyone point me to as how and when is the API used and implemented?
Thanks everyone!