1.2 Doesn't work properly - can I download original again please?

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
EastPier

1.2 Doesn't work properly - can I download original again please?

Post by EastPier » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi SDRplay team

I appreciate the time and effort that has gone into SDRUno 1.2. However, it doesn't work properly - I don't know what the issue is and haven't a clue around how to fix it.

All I know is that receive quality is significantly degraded across all bands. As an example I have attached a copy RTE Radio 1 on long wave 252kHz (below).

https://youtu.be/vCloF_el1bw

I am only a few kilometers from the transmitter and was able to receive this signal beautifully on the original version of SDRUno. As you can see it's now muck. SSB signals are unintelligible.

I don't want to go through a whole rigmarole of changing this and that settings on version 1.2. The original version was excellent - even with its quirks. Could you please restore the original version to the download list? I'm not a technical person - the original product worked well and that's all I want.

73 Adrian

Reason: No reason

g4enz

Re: 1.2 Doesn't work properly - can I download original again please?

Post by g4enz » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:53 pm

Adrian,

Looking at your video, I notice that you have the fatal combination of listening to AM with the receive frequency and the local oscillator frequency being the same. The software that removes the "centre spike" on a Zero IF signal will also remove the AM signal's carrier. Try offsetting the local oscillator and see if it helps.

Regards,
Martin - G4ENZ

EastPier

Post by EastPier » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:37 pm

g4enz wrote:Adrian,

Looking at your video, I notice that you have the fatal combination of listening to AM with the receive frequency and the local oscillator frequency being the same. The software that removes the "centre spike" on a Zero IF signal will also remove the AM signal's carrier. Try offsetting the local oscillator and see if it helps.

Regards,
Martin - G4ENZ
Thanks Martin - I missed that, I normally offset. I did as you said and it hasn't made a blind bit of difference.

thanks for the suggestion

Adrian

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:49 pm

Hello Adrian,
I suggest that you open up a support ticket. This will almost certainly be a settings issue as 1.2 has a different registry map from 1.13. What I can assure you of is that nothing whatsoever has changed within the core signal processing engine, so if you are having a problem leading to bad audio, it will down to either reception conditions of the default settings from the 1.2 installation being different from what you were using in 1.13. Having the LO and the VFO/Signal at the same frequency will definitely give you bad audio in ZIF mode as Martin mentioned. The other possible cause could be overload. In your video, you can see overload problems in some of your settings (the ADC overload indicator comes on).

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support

EastPier

Post by EastPier » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:16 pm

Tech_Support wrote:Hello Adrian,
I suggest that you open up a support ticket. This will almost certainly be a settings issue as 1.2 has a different registry map from 1.13. What I can assure you of is that nothing whatsoever has changed within the core signal processing engine, so if you are having a problem leading to bad audio, it will down to either reception conditions of the default settings from the 1.2 installation being different from what you were using in 1.13. Having the LO and the VFO/Signal at the same frequency will definitely give you bad audio in ZIF mode as Martin mentioned. The other possible cause could be overload. In your video, you can see overload problems in some of your settings (the ADC overload indicator comes on).

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support
Thanks for coming back so quickly. I have addressed what Martin spotted (an oversight on my part) and it hasn't improved matters. I entered the settings I always used with 1.13 i.e. Low IF, decimation 2, Band width 2 - again no joy. I'm unsure what a support ticket is, or a registry map...

Again thanks for the quick response - any help is appreciated.

73 Adrian

pgoelz

Post by pgoelz » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:46 pm

g4enz wrote:Adrian,

Regards,
Martin - G4ENZ
If SDRUno by default put the cursor / VFO about 10KHz to one side of center when starting up or activating a preset ham band, this would not be much of an issue.

Paul