Windows driver installation

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
sdrplay

Windows driver installation

Post by sdrplay » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:01 pm

In order for us to assist Mirics with the driver installation issues, we are looking to gather as much data as possible to get this resolve as quickly as we can.

Can I please ask that those of you that have either had a driver installation issue either through direct install or through an OS upgrade, complete the following questions and either email them to support@sdrplay.com or reply to this post.

We also recommend that unless you have a specific need to, not to upgrade to Windows 10 until this issue is resolved if your RSP is already working.

Questions:

1. Starting OS (prior to any Mirics driver being loaded) - specify if desktop or tablet.
2. 32 bit or 64 bit.
3. Direct install or upgrade of OS.
4. Version of the Mirics driver in use (File details of the msi2500.sys found in C:\Program Files\MiricsFlexiTV\Driver\x86 or C:\Program Files\MiricsFlexiTV\Driver\x64)
5. paste the result from "cacls ." run in c:\windows\system32\drivers directory from a command prompt.
6. USB port type in use.
7. Any specific error messages you receive.
8. What type of account you are using for the driver install.
9. Any other information you think would be relevant.

Thank you for your assistance

Best regards,

SDRplay Support
Last edited by sdrplay on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

opp4baba

Re: Windows driver installation

Post by opp4baba » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:06 am

In response of tablet difficulty installing the SDRplay:

1. Windows 10 tablet….
2. 32 bit OS on 64 bit processor
3. Upgrade from Windows 8.1
4. Version 5.2.1.0
5. Cmd prompt:”drivers” is not recognized as an internal or external command,, operable program or batch file….same for directory
6. USB have choice….USB 3 via attached keyboard or mini usb on tablet itself…..either way it didn’t matter…..I tried both.
7. Unknown Devise: Sometimes it will say “driver error” or driver not recognized” or gets stuck trying to setup the devise automatically
8. ? You mean as administrator?
9. Ever since I tried to install it, my touch pad on the keyboard does not work…..it said it had to replace some c++2008 file from ASUS….damn
Last edited by opp4baba on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Toontje

Post by Toontje » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:37 am

1. Windows 10 on VMWare Fusion (Mac)
2. 64 bit.
3. Direct install
4. 5.2.1.0

Code: Select all

C:\Windows\System32\drivers NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller:F
                            NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller:(CI)(IO)F
                            NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:C
                            NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(OI)(CI)(IO)F
                            BUILTIN\Administrators:C
                            BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)(IO)F
                            BUILTIN\Users:R
                            BUILTIN\Users:(OI)(CI)(IO)(special access:)
                                                      GENERIC_READ
                                                      GENERIC_EXECUTE

CREATOR OWNER:(OI)(CI)(IO)F
                            APPLICATION PACKAGE AUTHORITY\ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES:R
                            APPLICATION PACKAGE AUTHORITY\ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES:(OI)(CI)(IO)(special access:)
                                                                                               GENERIC_READ
                                                                                               GENERIC_EXECUTE
6. USB2 on Macbook Pro
7. Installed SDR-Console. Search for SDRplay. Nothing found.
8. Administrator
9. INstalled ExtIO on HDSDR before. That seems to work although i didn't get anything on the waterfall and CPU utilisation was on 100%.
Last edited by Toontje on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

lonewolfy

Post by lonewolfy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:15 pm

1. Windows 8.1 32 bits
2. Asus T100T tablet x64 processor
3. Direct install (not OS upgrade)
4. Mirics drivers install 1.4.0 - .sys versions (x64 and x86) : 5.2.1.0 (july 30, 2015) - tried also install 1.3.1
5. C:\Windows\System32\Drivers NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller:F
NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller:(CI)(IO)F
AUTORITE NT\Système:C
AUTORITE NT\Système:(OI)(CI)(IO)F
BUILTIN\Administrateurs:C
BUILTIN\Administrateurs:(OI)(CI)(IO)F
BUILTIN\Utilisateurs:R
BUILTIN\Utilisateurs:(OI)(CI)(IO)(accès spécial :)
GENERIC_READ
GENERIC_EXECUTE

CREATEUR PROPRIETAIRE:(OI)(CI)(IO)F
AUTORITÉ DE PACKAGE D'APPLICATION\TOUS LES PACKAGES D'APPLICATION:R
AUTORITÉ DE PACKAGE D'APPLICATION\TOUS LES PACKAGES D'APPLICATION:(OI)(CI)(IO)(accès spécial :)

GENERIC_READ

GENERIC_EXECUTE
6. a single USB 3.0 port available. I also tried to insert an externally powered USB 2.0 hub, as it worked for othe SDR dongles. no luck.
7. dreaded "required interactive windows station"; "SDRPlay HW not found".
8. type of accounts: both. (Administrator as well)
9. After installing on another PC, exported the resulting .reg entries, and import them to the failing machine. (!) . no luck.
Last edited by lonewolfy on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Rogneil

Post by Rogneil » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:12 pm

Experiencing all the problems listed on the preceding posts when attempting to install the drivers for the SDR Play HW on an Asus Windows 8.1 platform and a Linx Windows 8.1 tablet. Both devices successfully run HDSDR and SDR# with RTL dongles and the Elad FDM-S1 (and S2) software. The latter required modification in procedure to allow "digitally unsigned" drivers to be installed. I have additionally attempted this process with the Mirics software driver but to no avail!

The receiver works really well on my Windows 7 PC and in that regard, having used many SDR's including a Flex Radio, I find it remarkably good. Side by side comparisons have really surprised/impressed me on the Hf bands.

I await a fix/advice from your Tech dept for this problem as like other users, I was looking at the purchase as a means to set up a portable tablet/SDR receiver to be used "on the go". Thanks!!
Last edited by Rogneil on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:31 am

We have just released a new Windows driver (V.1.5.0) to fix the issue with tablets and we urge all those with driver installation issues to retry with this new release and let us know how you get on.

http://www.sdrplay.com/windows.html

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

Sasan

Post by Sasan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:12 am

sdrplay wrote:We have just released a new Windows driver (V.1.5.0) to fix the issue with tablets and we urge all those with driver installation issues to retry with this new release and let us know how you get on.

http://www.sdrplay.com/windows.html

Best regards,

SDRplay Support
Does it affect other devices (non-tablets) too?
Are there other changes in this release?
Last edited by Sasan on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
DF2HF, NM9A, EP2C

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:54 am

There are no other changes but it is the windows driver for both desktops and tablets.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

Rogneil

Post by Rogneil » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:44 pm

Excellent support from the SDRplay team! The newly released (Aug 24th, 2015) Windows driver (V.1.5.0) has enabled full functionality of the device on my Asus Vivo tablet with Windows 8.1 (and Linx tablet) using HDSDR and SDR# software.

The installation was smooth and trouble free.

The combination of the tablet and RSP provides a remarkably low cost, highly capable portable receiver with additional capabilities for reception and experimentation "out in the field". A great addition for /P alongside the ubiquitous Yaesu 817!!

Many thanks for your help!

Roger
Last edited by Rogneil on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

wd9ewk

Post by wd9ewk » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi!

I had posted on Twitter previously about the issues between my SDRplay and my Windows tablets (8-inch HP Stream 8 with 1 GB RAM, 10-inch Winbook TW100 with 2 GB RAM). They started with "Windows 8.1 with Bing", and both have since been upgraded to Windows 10 Home. After the release of the v1.5.0 API, my SDRplay works fine with both tablets. So far, I've been using HDSDR with the SDRplay, but will also get it working with SDR#. My SDRplay has had no problems with a laptop running Windows 7 Pro from the day my SDRplay arrived in the post. Thanks!

With the front-end filtering in the SDRplay, I hope to be able to use it as my downlink receiver when working amateur satellites. That's my next test, probably over the weekend. I like using one of these two configurations with a diplexer and Elk Antennas handheld 2m/70cm log periodic:
  1. [1]Two Yaesu FT-817NDs - transmit on one, receive on the other
  • [2]Yaesu FT-817ND as transmitter, FUNcube Dongle Pro+ with HDSDR on a tablet as receiver
Since the SDRplay has front-end filtering for 2m and 70cm (among other ranges), I should be able to put it in place of the dongle and work satellites. I'm hoping for good performance from the SDRplay.
Last edited by wd9ewk on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/ - Twitter: @WD9EWK