Version 1.21 now available - details here

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
jon

Version 1.21 now available - details here

Post by jon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:40 pm

SDRuno release 1.21 has now been released. This release of SDRuno contains the following amendments and bug fixes:

1. Restored VFO button for centring of the VFO on the SP1 display
2. Changed the default step size for USB and LSB to 500 Hz
3. Ham band framing buttons can now toggle on or off
4. Recalling stations from the memory panel automatically unlocks the LO if necessary
5. Bug fixes associated with the redrawing the SP1 display
6. Bug fix affecting the storing of calibration values for the RSP2
7. Bug fix affecting CW Zap and CW AFC if the SP2 display FFT is not a 2^n size
8. Changes to the default settings of the SP1 waterfall display
a. Waterfall averaging (WF Ave) now set to ‘off’ by default
b. Tweaks to the default waterfall gain and contrast settings
9. Fixed missing Main Window Instance value
10. Fixed Windows XP support
11. Auto calibration system now selects DAB sub mode if not selected
12. Memory Panel now responds to Ctrl+W

For the changes in the default settings to take place, it WILL be necessary to reset your registry settings, but please note that in doing this, you WILL lose any stored workspaces. We understand that losing saved workspaces when you reset the SDRuno registry settings is frustrating for people and this is something that we will be addressing in a future release.

In terms of future releases, we have a very long list of requests for new features for SDRuno. Some are fairly straightforward to implement and some are very complex and difficult. We have never before published a list of target features for future releases, but we have decided to do so on this occasion. This is intended to give people an insight into what we are aiming for and is NOT a guarantee that any given feature will be implemented. Please be aware that this list is always subject to change at any time.
If we find that we get a chorus of complaints from people disappointed that their desired feature-set is not scheduled for the current or the next release, then we will not make this information available in the future. We have to make priority calls and whilst we aim to implement everything that people want, we cannot do it all at once. I am afraid we are not in a position to indicate when any of these releases will become available.

Feature-sets for future releases:

1.22 Intermediate update
• Customisable frequency step sizes for each mode
• Option to reset SDRuno registry without deleting saved workspaces
• Scheduled recording

1.23 Intermediate update
• Recording of selected signal only (either I/Q or audio) to WAV file format
• Selected signal piped to VAC in I/Q format
• Addition of DDE interface

1.3 Major update
• Frequency scanning
• Remote Client for network based streaming I/Q server applications

1.4 Major update
• Addition of new API for third party plugins
• Separation of VFO and LO frequency control

Download link: http://www.sdrplay.com/downloads

Best regards,

Andy
SDRplay Software Development

Reason: No reason

OH2BUA

Re: Version 1.21 now available - details here

Post by OH2BUA » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:47 am

Hi Jon,

oh how nice to see the SDRuno roadmap, there seems to be very interesting things coming up.

I can't resist in adding one very small related wish: Please give us some way to start/stop recording from outside of SDRplay. Like a command line parameter, CAT-command or DDE command. It might not be a big thing to do, as you are going to open up the recording matters anyway.

73, Jukka

pgoelz

Post by pgoelz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:47 pm

jon wrote: 4. Recalling stations from the memory panel automatically unlocks the LO if necessary
YESSSS!!!! Thank you for that. I was going to suggest it but figured I'd hold off on any more complaints ;) A very welcome improvement.

1.21 is installed and working correctly as far as I can tell from a brief first look. More later.

Interestingly, I found it was not possible to uninstall v1.2. It was installed as a separate instance in a different folder from v1.13 but the only version shown in "add/remove programs" was v1.13. I uninstalled v1.13, ran the uninstall drivers function from the SDRPlay entry in the START menu, ran RESET.BAT as admin (assume that is the registry reset?) and then deleted the SDRUno folder in "programs(x86)" before I installed v1.21. That seems to have worked... all my workspaces were deleted and default tuning steps are per v1.21.

The memory panel OPEN BANK function still does not remember the last place it was directed to..... is it supposed to? It used to. It now simply opens to the USER/DOCUMENTS folder and has to be directed to the SDRUno folder each time it is invoked. v1.13 remembered the location of the banks folder.... is this a bug or a feature? If it is a bug, I'll open a ticket.

Looking forward to the next release with customized tuning steps. However, I don't see any mention of storing sample rate / decimation with the memory panel data.... is that not an easy one? VERY desirable, though.

Paul

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:52 pm

Right click in the memory panel and choose "Select Banks Folder" - this will remembered.

We've discussed storing extra information in the memory panel - it's not totally straight forward, but we are still discussing options.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:55 pm

Jukka, if you want to have a go with hamlib (https://sourceforge.net/projects/hamlib) to control SDRuno over CAT (remember it behaves like a Kenwood TS-480) we can look at extending the CAT command language for internal SDRuno control. Another person on the Facebook SDRplay SDRuno group is possibly going to be looking at this. As I said to him, I'll be happy to contribute to a community github repo on this if I can.

Best regards,

Andy

SDRplay Software Development

OH2BUA

Post by OH2BUA » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:54 am

Hi Andy,

nice to hear that CAT control expansions are being discussed. For now I need to use another software in addition to SDRuno just because the other one can be kicked recording from the command line, as well as scheduled.

I'll check the hamlib development. Station automation is such a cool thing:)

I spent a long night yesterday with v1.21, and I have to say that now it has gotten a lot of much needed maturity, and can seriously add value to SDRplay hardware.

BTW, also this 1.21 upgrade (or RSP2) needed a real power off/on cycle. Luckily I do have remote power control at my remote site.

73, Jukka

pgoelz

Post by pgoelz » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:26 pm

sdrplay wrote:Right click in the memory panel and choose "Select Banks Folder" - this will remembered.

We've discussed storing extra information in the memory panel - it's not totally straight forward, but we are still discussing options.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support
Of course.... forgot that step. Senior moment ;)

Paul

pgoelz

log10: SING error

Post by pgoelz » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Selecting any of the preset ham band buttons with mode SAM selected and SQUELCH selected results in a momentary pause and then a "log10: SING error" box pops up from SDRUno.exe. When the error box is dismissed, normal operation resumes. For me anyway, this is 100% reproducible. As soon as I deselect SAM mode, the issue goes away with or without SQUELCH selected.

Note that I would open a support ticket for this but the support system will not let me in any more. It also does not recognize my username and/or Email address when I click the "forgot password" link. If I can get into the support system again, I'll be happy to open a ticket.

EDIT: Turns out that I forgot I also had SQUELCH active (but set to a threshold below the noise level so it was open all the time). The issue does not present if SQUELCH is not selected. Corrected above.

Paul

MajicM

Post by MajicM » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:40 pm

Not wanting to nitpick but if you right click the exe and bring up properties it still says 1.2.0.0

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:56 pm

I think 1.2 was the first time I remembered to set that. I'll see if I can address it as a running change or I'll make a note to do better on the next release.

Best regards,

Andy
Software Development