Old to RSP1, new to SDRuno, need help!

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
CaptainNemo

Old to RSP1, new to SDRuno, need help!

Post by CaptainNemo » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:37 am

Hi all, users and support team members.
I'm new to SDRuno.
I have consolidated experience in other software
(mainly sdr# coupled with many plugin, decoders and tools), with RSP1, FCPP, RTL-SDR.
Now I believe it's time to exploit my old and loved RSP1 to the maximum.

I need some help with SDRuno, I will expose my needs from a radio user point of view.

1. Tuning with mouse wheel "how to..."
1.A) how to have the waterfall fixed and the tuning "needle"(*) moving left and right
1.B) how to have the needle fixed (at some position, possibly not the center...) and the
waterfall moving left and right "under" the needle
1.C) in mode "1.A)" what happen when I reach one extreme on the waterfall? there is a way to
"break the boundary"?
(*) to avoid misunderstanding due to my poor English: the red vertical line on the "waterfall"
indicating the current frequency in use

2. Tuning from memory list
2.A) Apart EiBi.csv (they are mainly BC stations) there are some utility list you can share here?
(I mean an imported .s1b file)
2.B) Clicking on a row usually bring that freq. to the freq. dial
(and the radio will tune that freq.)
Some time this don't work. I have to close SDRuno and re-run. What am I doing wrong?

3. "Pipelining" audio to an other software (usually a decoder, let say "decoderX")
I know from a manual/guide/youtube how to do (select the WME output...).
3.A) Will it disable output to speakers (as usual) or SDRuno is different?
3.B) If yes, what is the suggested way to get
also some audio (supposing "decoderX" has no audio output by himself)
3.C) I usually work with VB-Cable (free/donationware). Is it suitable for SDRuno?

Thanks in advance.
gio

Reason: No reason

pgoelz

Re: Old to RSP1, new to SDRuno, need help!

Post by pgoelz » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:02 pm

OK, I'll take a shot at some of your questions.....
CaptainNemo wrote: 1. Tuning with mouse wheel "how to..."
1.A) how to have the waterfall fixed and the tuning "needle"(*) moving left and right
Activate LO LOCK (the button in the SDRUno MAIN panel just above the PLAY button). Tuning will move the cursor and the waterfall will remain stationary.
1.B) how to have the needle fixed (at some position, possibly not the center...) and the
waterfall moving left and right "under" the needle
De-activate LO LOCK. Tuning will move the waterfall and the cursor will remain stationary.
1.C) in mode "1.A)" what happen when I reach one extreme on the waterfall? there is a way to
"break the boundary"?
With the LO locked, tuning will stop at the limits of the digitized spectrum. To "break the boundary", deactivate LO LOCK and either tune manually or click an entry in the memory panel. Note that in 1.21, clicking an entry in the memory panel with the LO locked will automatically deactivate LO LOCK.
2.B) Clicking on a row usually bring that freq. to the freq. dial
(and the radio will tune that freq.)
Some time this don't work. I have to close SDRuno and re-run. What am I doing wrong?
If you are using version 1.21, that may be the same issue I have encountered and reported on an open support ticket. It has happened to me twice but I have not found a way to duplicate it at will. The software acts as though the LO is locked even though the LO LOCK indicator shows that it is not locked. It will operate normally within the current sampled bandwidth but tuning will move the cursor instead of the waterfall and it will ignore attempts to enter frequencies outside the current sampled bandwidth. Like you, the only way I have found to restore operation once this happens is to terminate the program and restart it.

Hope this helps,
Paul

CaptainNemo

Post by CaptainNemo » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:57 pm

Great!!! I just tried... :D
Thank you Paul

K6MSM

Post by K6MSM » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:29 am

pgoelz wrote:OK, I'll take a shot at some of your questions.....
If you are using version 1.21, that may be the same issue I have encountered and reported on an open support ticket. It has happened to me twice but I have not found a way to duplicate it at will. The software acts as though the LO is locked even though the LO LOCK indicator shows that it is not locked. It will operate normally within the current sampled bandwidth but tuning will move the cursor instead of the waterfall and it will ignore attempts to enter frequencies outside the current sampled bandwidth. Like you, the only way I have found to restore operation once this happens is to terminate the program and restart it.

Hope this helps,
Paul
Ok good. It's not just me then on the phantom LO locks. It's happened to me several times on the new version so far. Closing and restarting is the only solution I've found as well.

Mike
Last edited by K6MSM on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:02 am

K6MSM wrote:

Hope this helps,
Paul
Ok good. It's not just me then on the phantom LO locks. It's happened to me several times on the new version so far. Closing and restarting is the only solution I've found as well.

Mike
This happens to me using 1.21 all the time when engaged in one particular activity, of course other causes may be involved - but this is my experience:
Trawling around for NDB's, I select one frequency from those stored in the memory bank and the LO remains apparently locked without it being inidicated or my having selected it.
The only solution that I have found is to restart SDRuno.
Of course, selecting "options" and "reset" works, but the predictable results are not desirable - workspaces lost etc.

This is NOT from the "Paul" quoted above...

Paul

Post by Paul » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:32 am

K6MSM wrote:

Hope this helps,
Paul

Mike
As I hope, a helpful additional observation, regarding the apparent (undesired/unindicated) LO Lock, which also affected the spectrum display of course and not just the waterfall, where the only remedy that I had found was to restart uno, I have now found that entering a new frequency in the "band of interest" causes the LO to "unlock" and this may simply be repeated as you wish to continue.
Having found this an acceptable "work-around," for me at least, it is now no more than a very slight inconvenience.

NoelC

Post by NoelC » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:18 am

Joining in: I have seen the "phantom LO lock" on 1.21 I think either once or twice now.

-Noel