Windows driver installation

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
ToymasterUK

Re: Windows driver installation

Post by ToymasterUK » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:19 pm

Hi, Now working great on my ASUS T100 Transformer Book.

Happy Bunny now after so long of trying including two complete reloads and upgrade to Win 10.

:)

Adrian
Last edited by ToymasterUK on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

eckrot

Post by eckrot » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:15 pm

Hi,

I do not belong to the lucky part of users ... I cannot get it installed on my HP7 Stream running Win10. I removed the AVAST security package, I removed the old (faulty) driver installation - but the new driver is not installed correctly. The Mirics driver install exe runs without any message, but all I get is an unknown device in the device manager. When I go for 'update driver', the Mirics is recognized but the ugly 'workstation required' message comes up.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Eckhard
Last edited by eckrot on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

NN4F

Post by NN4F » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:11 am

Have you tried turning Driver Signing off?? boot with shift to advanced settings and turn off the driver signing, it should work....
Last edited by NN4F on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
--
Paul Jones - NN4F, Charleston SC
http://www.facebook.com/groups/SDRPlay

ToymasterUK

Post by ToymasterUK » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:47 am

eckrot wrote:Hi,

I do not belong to the lucky part of users ... I cannot get it installed on my HP7 Stream running Win10. I removed the AVAST security package, I removed the old (faulty) driver installation - but the new driver is not installed correctly. The Mirics driver install exe runs without any message, but all I get is an unknown device in the device manager. When I go for 'update driver', the Mirics is recognized but the ugly 'workstation required' message comes up.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Eckhard
I removed all traces of the old driverand software before installing the brand new driver and API etc..

(Removed Apps, folders, registry entries by searching for msi2500 and mirics - only for the experts as you can scre up big time by changing the registry maually) CCleaner is one of many tools you can use safely.

Adrian
Last edited by ToymasterUK on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

eckrot

Post by eckrot » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:29 am

Hi all,

thank you very much for your support! I finally got it solved by opening device manger, go to the unknown device (which was the Mirics), update driver and select driver from directory (not automatically select driver!). Then I selected the Mirics TV driver in its directory and it did the install without any problems and works now.

Happy user now ...

Eckhard

eckrot

Post by eckrot » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:09 pm

Hm ... I thought I was done, but I'm not.
On my desktop PC (Intel I3 on ASUS MB, just a standard PC) it happens after app. one or two hours that the running SDRPlay stops working. I've seen it in SDRSharp and HDSDR. The windows sound for unplugging a HW component appears and then the fft display freezes. Starting again brings up the message 'no SDRPlay HW found'. I have to unplug and plug on again the SDRPlay to make it work again - for the next hour or so.
Also, my wireless mouse and keyboard are kicked out the same time, but only if they are connected to USB via a hub that is included in my DELL monitor. If the keyboard/mouse dongles are connected directly to the PC they are still working after the SDRPlay unconnected sound.

It seems that something in the driver is not as stable as it should, some error that appears after a longer run time. That are the ugliest errors ...

SDRPlay team: some ideas?

Eckhard

pebol

Post by pebol » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:23 pm

Installation seemed to be ok, at least I got no error messages. As soon as I plug in my SDRPlay, I get "USB device not recognized" (or similar, error message is in German).

1. Win 8.1
2. 64 bit
3. direct install
4. 5.2.1.0
7. -
8. user

Peter
Last edited by pebol on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

eckrot

Post by eckrot » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:26 pm

Some additions: I let the SDRPlay run with SDRConsole, and there is no error up to now (4h run time). So, it could be that something in the extio.dll could cause the failure since the new driver is in the game on both setups. I'll let it run the rest of the night, let's see if it runs stable.

Eckhard

eckrot

Post by eckrot » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:24 pm

Some more information about the stability problem: The SDRPlay runs now app. 30h with SDRConsole, no failure at all. I guess that's stable, in opposite to running it with the latest extio.dll. This brings the focus some more on the stability of the extio.dll.
Dear SDRPlay team, could you please investigate if the extio.dll does have a problem with longer up-time? Some memory, pointer ... or whatever stuff that needs a while to fail?

Thanks!

Eckhard

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:02 am

Hi Eckhard,

Can you give step by step instructions on how to replicate the issue so that we can look into this in more detail. Can you also confirm that you do not have any power saving settings enabled during the length of the test.

Thanks and best regards,

SDRplay Support
Last edited by sdrplay on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.