SDRuno 1.22 Released

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
NoelC

Re: SDRuno 1.22 Released

Post by NoelC » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:50 pm

Before installing, I copied the old installation folder contents to a reference folder, then installed the new version. I found that even though the new version has reverted everything to defaults, 1.21 would run from the copy folder just as it did before. This came in handy for seeing where the panels were with the old version.

I was able to reconfigure and reorganize 1.22 to match my preferred layout and settings, which included not only panel positioning but also a fair number of settings changes.

SDRuno developers, If you're not going to change the panels significantly, please consider working up some upgrade logic to transfer all configuration options possible from version to version.

I frankly don't mind reorganizing panels, though it DID delay my enjoyment of playing the radio for a few minutes. Being a lifelong computer geek I know well how to deal with upgrades, but I can imagine that folks who don't get a kick out of wrangling bits and bytes and folders would find resetting everything to get old.

Another suggestion: Take the time to hover over every single control on all the panels and make sure you have ToolTips set up for them. I noticed that there's a new button at the upper-left of the "keypad" (under the VU meter in the RX CONTROL panel) and I have no idea what it could be for. In short, please make the interface more discoverable. And yes, I know about the manual.

Other than the small disruption in time to set things up - again - the product seems to be working great. I haven't had the "Shift key stuck" issue at all, and I see a few new features. I'm getting nice, smooth, clean screen updates and the audio is fine. Nice job on the software!

-Noel

Reason: No reason

CaptainNemo

Post by CaptainNemo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:45 pm

I'm trying to name and save a workspace
I right click on the current name "Default Workspace"
I write "my workspace"
then crtl-W
the name I choose do not appear in the list... instead I get an other Default Workspace
after few test my crtl-W list looks like this
Default Workspace
Workspace 1
Workspace 2
Workspace 3
Workspace 4
Workspace 5
Workspace 6
Default Workspace
Workspace 8
Default Workspace

bye
gio

pgoelz

Post by pgoelz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Saving workspaces makes perfect sense once you understand how it works, but it can be a bit confusing to start.....

CTRL-W merely opens the workspace save window, it does not actually save the workspace. To save the workspace, press CTRL-W, then click the desired workspace entry in the list where you want it stored. That will save your workspace to whatever slot you clicked, and under its current name. To rename it to something else after saving it, select it, right click the name and re-name it.

In your case, lets say you rearranged the initial default workspace, which would be called "Default workspace". Re-arrange it as desired, press CTRL-W, then click whatever slot you want it to occupy and your workspace will be saved to that slot, which now will be named "Default workspace" since that was its name before you saved it. To re-name your new workspace to "My workspace" (or anything else) select it, right click it, edit the name and press ENTER.

Note that your workspace is always saved under its current name. This can be confusing..... when you save to a new slot you can end up with multiple workspaces with the same name but different arrangements until you rename one of them.

Make sense?

Paul

CaptainNemo

Post by CaptainNemo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:57 pm

very kind of you.
I will try again this evening.
gio

CaptainNemo

Post by CaptainNemo » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:00 am

ok, finally I got it... thanks for your help Paul.

NoelC

Post by NoelC » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:30 pm

Several requests after using the new version a few days...

1. Please lift the limitation on the size for the AUX SP window. I have 3 monitors and a big, powerful computer. I wouild like to make the AUX SP window taller.

2. Please make the RBW configuration stick. I'm always having to push it up to 32768 points at least to have a clean, detailed looking waterfall display.

3. Please make it possible to move the division between the MAIN SP graph and waterfall displays up and down. Right now it's half and half, and I'd like the waterfall to be taller and the graph to be smaller.

4. If I turn off the power graph and show only the waterfall, hovering over the red line shows a left-right resizing cursor, but I can't actually drag the frequency (MAIN SP) or audio bandpass (AUX SP) by grabbing it there. I can only move the red lines if I have the power graph showing.

-Noel

g1hbe

Post by g1hbe » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:03 am

For 3) Try page 19 0f the user manual.

Andy

NoelC

Post by NoelC » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:08 am

Thank you, it does the trick - though it's completely undiscoverable.

I suggest the manual page show a screen grab with unequal proportions, so as to illustrate the result and better catch the attention of the reader. I've been through the manual and I believe I perceived that section to be referring to the scale of the spectrum display rather than the relative heights of the sections of the display.

-Noel

dougw9wi

Post by dougw9wi » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:48 pm

I had an issue which appears to have been solved but was rather confusing for a few minutes:)

First time I ran 1.22, I couldn't get it into WFM or SWFM. If I clicked the WFM button it would select NFM; if I clicked SWFM it would select MFM. In either case it would select the maximum available bandwidth for that mode -- which, at 20KHz (NFM) or 48KHz (MFM) was enough to know I was listening to a classical music station but not enough to want to listen to it :) Restarting SDRuno didn't help.

What appears to have solved it... was to select Bands, Broadcast, and MW.
(I suspect it didn't matter which Broadcast band I selected. I did tune a couple of MW stations before proceeding but again I doubt that mattered.)

Now, when I try to select WFM or SWFM, it works. (and the fix survives a restart of SDRuno)

======================================

This may be far more difficult to accomplish than I think but.. it would be VERY interesting for FM BCB DXing if the "PWR & SNR TO CSV" function could also write out RDS data, at least the PI code. Here in North America that's usually enough to identify a specific transmitter.
Last edited by dougw9wi on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

W2DLC

Post by W2DLC » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:32 pm

Thanks. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I keep learning new things as I go. Still using the RSP1, so I hope you keep supporting her. I do wish SDRUno was a bit lighter on memory. I have 6 GB and it doesn't seem to be enough to use the higher bandwidths.
Dan, W2DLC