SDR UNO + RSPduo + Decimation window

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
glovisol

SDR UNO + RSPduo + Decimation window

Postby glovisol » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:44 am

Feeling a little foolish......Just received the RSPduo, downloaded & installed SDR UNO V 1.23: all works fine, save for the DECIMATION WINDOW: sometimes it appears on its own, but most times it does not show up at all....am I MISSING SOMETHING?

glovisol

Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: SDR UNO + RSPduo + Decimation window

Postby Tech_Support » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:30 am

Hello Glovisol
Decimation is not available if you have selected any of the band framing buttons.

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support

glovisol

Postby glovisol » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Thank you for the prompt reply. However, after having entered a frequency directly by keyboard, still the decimation / SR windows did not appear. I then operated a re-set to default settings and the missing windows came up again. It appears the SDR UNO software got stuck somehow, but was easily put back to normal with the re-set procedure.

Incidentally I do not have the PRO anymore (swapped it with the duo) but it seems to me the duo shows a significantly better sensitivity.

glovisol

Tech_Support

Postby Tech_Support » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Hello glovisol,
Thank you for the feedback. If you are able to find a repeatable sequence that causes the loss of the decimation menu, please let us know at feedback@sdrplay.com

Sincerely

Tech_Support

glovisol

Postby glovisol » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:04 pm

My PC set-up is as follows:
Lenovo X61 Laptotp PC
Intel Core Duo (2) CPU 7300 T 7300 @ 2 GHz
Installed RAM: 3 GHz
O.S.: Windows 7 PRO

It seems to me that the RSPduo, used normally with just one front end, loads the PC system significantly less than I experienced with the RSP2pro. Never the less here is my experience.

I finally reproduced the problem: while the RSPduo was operating, I turned on the USB dongle for Internet comms and looked at mails. When I looked back at the SDR UNO interface, the Decimation & RS windows had disappeared. Doing this another time, I could see that the sys window had gone fully in the red (maximum system overload). After doing it a third time, the API failed for good, the receiver could not be turned on again and I had the following error:

Device cannot be initialised (sdrplay_api_Fail)

I then de-installed SDR UNO, restarted the Pc and re-installed the software and all is back to normal.

In other words severe system overloads must be carefully avoided if one uses a limited performance (old PC). It seems that a big overload can corrupt the drivers, to the point that the RSPduo is no longer recognized by the PC.

Hope this helps.

Anyway this RSPduo to a guy who used Collins equipment in the fifties (receiver 75A4) is simply amazing: weak SSB amateur signals on 40 and 20 m bands with levels at -117 / 120dBm (0.3 to 0.2 uV) come out neat and clear and fully readable.

glovisol

Return to “SDRuno”