Problems with new API/ExtIO

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
eckrot

Problems with new API/ExtIO

Post by eckrot » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:13 am

Dear SDRPlay team,

thanks for the updated API / ExtIO!
I installed it this morning on my HP7 Stream tablet (Win10 32bit) and first had trouble to get HDSDR started. Several HDSDR error wndows came up (floating point errors, address violation, ...) with the ExtIO named as reason. Since I'm logged in as standard user, I reinstalled it all when logged in as Admin, and then I could start it with HDSDR under the Admin account. Going back as standard user it still did not work, but the error messages I got have been others (I did not log them). I restarted the system and reset HDSDR (got the feeling, that something in the registry might be not ok), and then it worked. So, the installation is not very comfortable ....
However, if I let the LO at constant frequency it seems to work well and stable, but when changing the LO, a few seconds later HDSDR crashes without a dedicated error message. It's the windows systems that reports that HDSDR does not work properly anymore. No idea what the reason is, but it happens always after changing LO. Before updating, with the older API/ExtIO it worked stable for hours on that system.
So, it seems that there's something to fix in the ExtIO and the installation procedure (API and ExtIO).

Another minor bug is with the station display feature: It seems not to show every station. For example, I had a station on 17880 this morning, which the ExtIO station display did not show, but the HDSDR included Frequency Manager did identify it - and both did run on the same EIBI list (offline) I updated this morning. It seems that your station display does not identify every station from within the database.

Maybe you could have a look at the bugs I noted. Thanks!

73 de Eckhard
Last edited by eckrot on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

rianlof

Re: Problems with new API/ExtIO

Post by rianlof » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi Eckard,

i do have the same problem on a windows10 system, unfortunaly your hint with the running in admin mode did not work. There are floating point errors... I have installed the new 1.95 HW-driver, the sw-version 383 worked fine. I gues not all users get this errors. Maybe I wait for the next... Greetings Flo
Last edited by rianlof on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

eckrot

Post by eckrot » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi Flo,

good to know I'm not alone with this ... It did also not work for me after the installation as admin, HDSDR started to crash again always after a few seconds up-time. So, I decided to uninstall it all: MIRICS drivers, HDSDR, ... Then, I reinstalled it all and it worked - until station memory of the SDRPlay ExtIO.dll is activated. I let it run local using the actual EIBI file. Having this activated, HDSDR crashes without any detail report about the reason, it's just a Windows error message indicating that the program does not work anymore.
So, for me it works stable now as long as the station memory display is not activated. I'm not sure if it was the station memory display as the only reason. Maybe you should deactivate this in the station memory setting tab first and try again.
However, with the former version it all worked, so I guess there is something not completely ok with the latest version of Mirics drivers or ExtIO.dll.

Good luck ...

73 de Eckhard
Last edited by eckrot on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:35 pm

Before starting HDSDR with the new EXTIO dll, try typing this in a command prompt window

reg delete HKCU\Software\SDRplay\Settings /f

Let us know if this works for you.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support
Last edited by sdrplay on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

rianlof

Post by rianlof » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:35 am

Thank You very much for the fast and succesful help!
Now it works perfect!
Last edited by rianlof on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

radiosky

Post by radiosky » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:28 am

Don't think my problem relates to the EXTIO, but your solution seems to have fixed it!

My SDRPlay quit being recognized by the USB controller. Un-installed and re-installed SDRUno and just to be sure I did the separate drivers install. Then the device was recognized, but the output was a horrid mess that did not represent the real-world connected to the antenna. Spectrum was strong in a box near the center with steeply slopping shoulders. Anyway, I just tried your trick

reg delete HKCU\Software\SDRplay\Settings /f

and it did it! So it seems deleting the registry keys may be helpful for other things. Thanks
Last edited by radiosky on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.